Improve loudness on Samson SR950

adikumar2010

I got Samson SR950 they sound fine , no issue with quality but the problem is the output is low from my PC motherboard. How can I make them sound louder? I don't want to spend more then $50-60. I just listen to music and play games I am not into any studio stuff.

I saw some amps but they are tiny portable rechargeable but I will be using headphones on my desk so I can get proper amp with wall adapter. I assume full size amp will be better then those small portable ones and you don't have to recharge them.

I don't know what will be better an Amp or PCIe sound card or DAC/amp combo or something else.

Desktop headphone amplifiers will be an overkill for Samson SR950 , also you are unlikely to get a good one at 50-60$. Will need to spend atleast 150$ for a new desktop amp. Dont go by the size of the portable amps,most of them should be more than sufficient for the SR950 since as per their specs they seem to be relatively easy to drive.

Desktop headphone amplifiers will be an overkill for Samson SR950 , also you are unlikely to get a good one at 50-60$. Will need to spend atleast 150$ for a new desktop amp. Dont go by the size of the portable amps,most of them should be more than sufficient for the SR950 since as per their specs they seem to be relatively easy to drive.

There are not many options/brands on in India on amazon, some are not available and some are over priced.

Which one is good amongst these :
1) Behringer MA400
2) FiiO A1
3) Cymrix HA400 MKII
4) Aokeo AMP-400
5) Creative Sound Blaster Play! 3
6) M-Audio Bass Traveler
7) Pyle-Pro PHA40

I dont notice many options under 100$ in India. You can go through the Fiio site here , i think you will be good to go with the Fiio Q1

If you can extend your budget a bit the Ifi Hip DACAMP is receiving good reviews overall and will be a good buy (around 150$). This will serve you well for future upgrades as well.

I dont notice many options under 100$ in India. You can go through the Fiio site here , i think you will be good to go with the Fiio Q1

If you can extend your budget a bit the Ifi Hip DACAMP is receiving good reviews overall and will be a good buy (around 150$). This will serve you well for future upgrades as well.

I found 2 more amp's in budget
8) Behringer HA400
9) Mackie HM-4

I am not sure if any of the above listed nine models is better then Behringer MA400

Also I got Behringer MA400 delivered today, It increased the volume by 20% but it's not ultra loud, sound quality is okay. If I can find some other better option then I can return Behringer MA400 as it has 10 days return policy on amazon.

Last edited:
Wharfedale Linton Heritage Speakers in Walnut finish at a Special Offer Price. BUY now before the price increase.
Back