Improving Stereo performance in my HT setup

Will this be a significant upgrade on stereo performance?
No.
If you can, borrow (again) that PA from your buddy and check how much of a difference it makes.
Those Kef's are not the easiest of speakers to drive. Your Marantz probably does not have enough current to make them sing for music.
Do not swap the Marantz for an Arcam just yet. You've got an AV receiver thats already good and can stream via Air Play 2. The internal dac is decent too.
I am not sure why you need another device to stream your music.

No.
If you can, borrow (again) that PA from your buddy and check how much of a difference it makes.
Those Kef's are not the easiest of speakers to drive. Your Marantz probably does not have enough current to make them sing for music.
Do not swap the Marantz for an Arcam just yet. You've got an AV receiver thats already good and can stream via Air Play 2. The internal dac is decent too.
I am not sure why you need another device to stream your music.
I’ve thought about that, let me try that and see how it goes. Main challenge for me is I don’t have space for a second box and really want to avoid another large box sitting in the corner.

I’ve thought about that, let me try that and see how it goes. Main challenge for me is I don’t have space for a second box and really want to avoid another large box sitting in the corner.

How about adding a class D amplifier?
These can be compact but have lot of grunt.

How about adding a class D amplifier?
These can be compact but have lot of grunt.
Yeah that I to get to audition which is the most difficult part. I’ll try and see if it’s feasible. I’m hearing mixed reviews about the SA30, Lyngdorf, CA — why can’t this be simple!! I feel these companies made it this complex on purpose.

@Raj22
Check if you can audition the Parasound 275v2. I have this, it is a slim chassis (2.5 inches tall).
Enough power to drive KEF R3. I have tried it on both R3 and R300. No worries at all.

Cheers,
Raghu

I believe the OP wants more than just power here :) He stated he wants the streaming + dac thingy too and doesn't want to add boxes for it all :)

All streaming has to be via DTS PlayFi app which i read is not good.
It is not the end of the world, but yes it is not the best either. I have the 6000a and had the 6000n (loaner for some time) and I couldn't live with it, the DTS app has issues which though not very big but keep popping up from time to time and after some time it becomes unbearable. Like I said it is the not the end of the world and I am a bit obsessive about convenience hence I just gave up the 6000n and got me a node 2i.

In your case given your constraints - you were on the right path with the ARCAM AVR 10 (performance being the actual unanswered question here); with all bells and whistles in a single package. Now considering you are looking at "primarily" making your stereo performance better - the suggestion for a PA/IA with a good dac to your RL makes sense without changing the entire setup. It is a hole :)

It is not the end of the world, but yes it is not the best either. I have the 6000a and had the 6000n (loaner for some time) and I couldn't live with it, the DTS app has issues which though not very big but keep popping up from time to time and after some time it becomes unbearable. Like I said it is the not the end of the world and I am a bit obsessive about convenience hence I just gave up the 6000n and got me a node 2i.

In your case given your constraints - you were on the right path with the ARCAM AVR 10 (performance being the actual unanswered question here); with all bells and whistles in a single package. Now considering you are looking at "primarily" making your stereo performance better - the suggestion for a PA/IA with a good dac to your RL makes sense without changing the entire setup. It is a hole :)
Yeah, I’ll think about probably going to the Arcam AVR 10. I’ll also try and loan a PA alone and see how much difference it makes if possible.
Probably if someone is using an Arcam AVR can share their experiences with it.

Yeah, I’ll think about probably going to the Arcam AVR 10. I’ll also try and loan a PA alone and see how much difference it makes if possible.
Please do check the things I mentioned earlier - It doesn't have HDMI 2.1, No clue if it supports Dolby Vision (not officially atleast) & there are no HDR specs in there. These might be important ;)

Please do check the things I mentioned earlier - It doesn't have HDMI 2.1, No clue if it supports Dolby Vision (not officially atleast) & there are no HDR specs in there. These might be important ;)
Yeah I did check those. I don’t care about DV / HDR as I’m using LG C9 OLED so that’s non issue. Even if I connect a gaming console or Apple TV in the future, I can connect them directly to the TV and arc can take care of the rest.
2.1 issue though should impact only if console is connected to the avr right?

So adding to burning oil, why not you try Anthem AVR instead of Marantz 5015 in that place. I have heard Anthem AVR with a floor stander / BS in a HT setup and sounded very good to me than a Marantz 6015 which i am running now.... However i am vintage guy with 15 incher playing with a tube amps, cant beat that anyway,.

I think Raj22, is in a same state of expectation, :oops: as I'm now

Only difference is he has come to this after settling with HT setup and I'm yet to set with and exploring to have one to satisfy

raghupb and few FMs state " very deep rabbit hole "

This hobby/passion seems to be a very deep rabbit hole :D OMG

I have the previous generation of the Arcam avr, the AVR550 which is replaced my the AVR20.

It has Dolby Vision & Hdr10+ support. Offcourse there is no Hdmi 2.1 spec but my Xbox Series X is connected directly to the Tv & the audio is through ARC, which is flawless & no issues.

Cheers.

I have the previous generation of the Arcam avr, the AVR550 which is replaced my the AVR20.

It has Dolby Vision & Hdr10+ support. Offcourse there is no Hdmi 2.1 spec but my Xbox Series X is connected directly to the Tv & the audio is through ARC, which is flawless & no issues.

Cheers.
That is great to know thanks! It makes decision easier.

Cheers.
Great, how will you rate stereo experience on the avr?

Cheers.
Hi Insane79,

How do you find the Arcam sound for stereo in your system warm, neutral or bright ? How do the vocals sound ?
Thanks.

Hi Insane79,

How do you find the Arcam sound for stereo in your system warm, neutral or bright ? How do the vocals sound ?
Thanks.

Great, how will you rate stereo experience on the avr?
I got the FMJ AVR550 which is replaced by the AVR20, i use a Stereo Amp for music but when i connected directly to the Arcam Avr earlier, the music is abit warm but very good in the low end. The vocals are crystal clear. I was very surprised by the sound coming from an avr. Hope this helps.

Cheers.

I got the FMJ AVR550 which is replaced by the AVR20, i use a Stereo Amp for music but when i connected directly to the Arcam Avr earlier, the music is abit warm but very good in the low end. The vocals are crystal clear. I was very surprised by the sound coming from an avr. Hope this helps.

Cheers.
Thank you that helps. Which stereo amp are you using and how was your experience with both Arcams ?

Wharfedale Linton Heritage Speakers in Walnut finish at a Special Offer Price. BUY now before the price increase.
Back