In-Ear Headphone for Ipod Nano

how much is it for the Klipsch

As I said in my 1st post of the thread, it's Rs 4490 inclusive of all taxes and shipping to our home from Pune

GAUTAM AGENCIES
Rahul Complex, S.No 135/136, Plot No. 7,
Office No. 27 & 28, Paul Rd.
Maharashtra 411029
India
Phone: 91-20-25454270 / 71
Fax: 91 020 5454271
Email: [email protected]

Has anybody ever bought anything from them?

May be i am a bit over cautious , Do read this article as well on hearing loss

Study: In Ear Headphones Increase Risk Of Hearing Loss : Digital-Lifestyles

Totally agree with your concern, svkndv (we need some vowels, don't you think? :)). Please see my post above where I have addressed it.

That link has as remedial action:

"Noise-cancelling headphones are also seen as a better choice because they reduce background noise but their added bulk and increased expense is likely to limit adoption.

Garstecki proposes the 60%/60 minute rule as a solution - this involves listening to an MP3 device for no longer than about an hour a day and at levels below 60% of maximum volume."

Fortunately, we are considering the so-called noise-cancelling ones and also my son actually listens at lowish volume (actually much less than the max recommended here). But at times he listens to it quite a lot, so we need to restrict that, if possible.

Regards.

The Head Direct RE0 is a screaming deal for under 5 grand. To put it bluntly, I'm far happier with this cheap IEM than I ever was with my HD650. It is way more neutral - I'd say its as neutral as any Genelec monitor I've heard. However unfortunately the price to pay for this is that at times, its quite analytical. There's a tiny bit of sibilance when used with the wrong sources and this IEM requires a decent amount of current to generate bass. Build quality is superb as well and it comes with half a dozen filters and multiple tips of different sizes. I use the normal double flange designed tip.

However most of these flaws are forgivable considering that it sells for under 5 grand. I'd have not been disappointed if I'd paid 20 grand for this IEM. Its scary how inexpensive and vfm some chinese products can be.

Hi ROC,

How long does it take the Head Direct RE0 to be delivered? Thanks for your input. I am not sure how long my son wants to wait, but this one appears quite attractive with your description.

Regards.

How about the Sony MDR-EX35 & MDR-EX32......available with Sony India for Rs.990 & Rs 1090/- only.

Any user experience will help.

:)

Hi ROC,

How long does it take the Head Direct RE0 to be delivered? Thanks for your input. I am not sure how long my son wants to wait, but this one appears quite attractive with your description.

Regards.

It took about 10 days to arrive. Came in via express mail. I have two headphone amps at my disposal right now - the xonar stx and viren's preamp's headphone out. It sounds nicer with the latter as it smoothens out the analytical edge of this IEM.

roc - I have requested Viren to put a headphone jack on my lyrita pre as well. I am not able to go there and collect it due to various reasons.
I had a query - can the headphone jack on lyrita take care of high as well as low impedance phones? Lot of headphone amps have a switch for different loads of headphones.

I second the creative EP series recommended by some else. I use them with my Cowon and they sound really awesome. Nice bass. And relatively cheap too.

A general problem with in-ear headphones is that they are generally good only when the user is more or less stationary, else there will be a lot other unintended sound that gets amplified - such as the rubbing of the wires on the clothes or especially, chewing or eating something. Also not good while jogging, etc

Also, considering their isolating nature, make sure he is not using it while doing activity that requires full attention like say riding a bike, etc

Last edited:
I have heard the Creative Inear headphones and liked the sound quality at that price but its true that the bass output is a little more than adequate.

Thats true with in ear headphones......if you move while wearing it you hear a lot of rubbing noise from the headphone wires when you listen to music.The effect is very much like wearing a doctors' stethoscope.

Due to rejection of external noise no one should wear it when they are out or it may be their last music.

:lol::lol::lol:

Last edited:
I don't use a portable media player as such, although I have the PSP, hence no suggestions from me :)

Music through headphones has never felt comfortable to me. But still, I'd be following this thread keenly to someday get a good yet cheap set for my wife's gaming sessions on the PSP.

Comp Sc in jadavpur.....someone from the alumni. I have done my chem engg from JU actually.....
Graduated in Civil engg from there - though I'm kind of ashamed to call myself one, since I remember precious little of what the faculty had taken pains to teach me !

Hi,

Let me summarize the situation as much as possible.

HiFiVision and Marsilians have suggested the Etymotic. From reports it seems like the Mercedes of earphones for Ipods. Unfortunately, their lowest priced one (the 6i) goes for USD 150, which will be around 10K in India.
Are you talking about ER-6i? These are priced at 60$ only, not 150 USD. I had used one pair and they are really bang for the bucks. Need to get another pair as one of the plug is not working properly, some loose connection it seems. These plugs are bit delicate.

I don't use a portable media player as such, although I have the PSP, hence no suggestions from me :)

Music through headphones has never felt comfortable to me. But still, I'd be following this thread keenly to someday get a good yet cheap set for my wife's gaming sessions on the PSP.

the psp can play a lot of formats including FLAC - for that you need a software called Lightmp3 and cracked firmware. Audio quality is average but is not very loud.

Graduated in Civil engg from there - though I'm kind of ashamed to call myself one, since I remember precious little of what the faculty had taken pains to teach me !
we are int the same boat:clapping: - i frankly do not remember why our teachers took so long to teach us so many crappy subjects which are of now use to us today.:mad:
BTW which college and which batch?

Hi all,

Big apologies for vanishing. An update is in order. Will do that as soon as I get some fee time.

Regards.

Hi Folks,

Here is an update. On ROC's strong recommendation (Anm also mentioned it), I looked at the Head Direct IEM's and read the reviews. I was very impressed indeed and as a result ordered RE0 from the Indian distributor Lynx in Chandigarh. The propriter of Lynx (Amarbir) told me that they ran out of RE0) and it would take another 15 days for him to get the RE0 for me. Then we decided to order RE2 which was a lower version and was available at Rs 2500 inclusive of everything. RE2 was considered better than ER-6i and a few other biggies and was reviewed the best VFM IEM in head-fi.

Later we discovered that it was the correct decision to order the RE2 in our case. RE0, although a better product, does not perform that well without an amp, and for Ipod use without an amp RE2 is the better buy.

We are going to receive it tomorrow I think. Thanks everybody for helping out. Will let everybody know once we receive it and about SQ after it breaks in. From reviews, typically the RE2 needs about 50 hours to perform at an optimum level.

Regards.

great!
I am waiting to listen to my tube headphone amp soon - which is ready to be picked up :) And still wondering about which headphones I should buy.

Hi Sri,
Thanks for the info. The CX300 is good but as some have observed in this thread, fake ones are easily available. The RE2 is equally good, if not better, and is coming with B&W and shipping at just under 2.5K.

For a comparison of RE2 with 17 other IEM's, check this site in head-fi [REVIEW] 18 IEM reviewed and compared!!! (Final update NOV 2, 08) - Head-Fi: Covering Headphones, Earphones and Portable Audio

According to that report both in SQ and VFM rating the CX300 falls significantly below the RE2. BTW, that report was done, I believe, before RE0 came to the market and RE2 at the time cost around ESD80, now the prices have dropped to USD40. That's one funny thing about all IEM's, prices really fall in a quick time. The ER-6i used to cost indeed USD 150, but now it's available at USD60 as KonfuSed above noticed.

IEM's cannot be bought with auditions, so let's hope for the best.

Regards.

Get the Award Winning Diamond 12.3 Floorstanding Speakers on Special Offer
Back