In wall and ceiling speakers advice

Spen118

Hi I have been looking at a good surround sound system for my house. As I'm moving soon and I'm a builder I'm wanting to build everything in when I renovate. I'm thinking of staying with Polk but don't know much about in wall and ceiling systems. Who makes the best affordable ones and how do they compair with normal freestanding ones? Please help.

In-wall and in-ceiling speakers are a very good choice if you plan to have a dedicated HT room, or plan to use you living room for movies and want the speakers to be unobtrusive.

When you are constructing, please do check with an acoustical engineer. The dry wall dimensions and material used for sound absorption are very critical.

In terms of brands, if you can afford them, there are better brands in the market. The leaders in what is called architectural audio are Sonance, B&W, Speakercraft, Klipsch, Paradigm, and Triad.

If dry walls are an issue, you can also look at on-wall speakers that will jut out a few inches from the walls. Artcoustic are a world leader, though they are expensive.

Cheers

Last edited:
and Sonodyne In Ceilings are highest rated for 9 watts... Check out Cambridge Audio SS20 and SS10 ... SOrry they are 5-60 watts not 150 watts.

Join WhatsApp group to get HiFiMART.com Offers & Deals delivered to your smartphone!
Back