Inception........Dreamblowing!!!

hemantwaghe

Banned
Banned
Have you seen Inception???
If not please check....
I feel 11 years after Matrix something arrived as path breaking to shake your fundamental perception about reality.
I was overwhelmed and felt that chris nolan is maintaining his legacy of Memento and The Dark Knight...
And good part is I feel there is no clear Hero and No villan.That is nothing black and white.Everyone with shades of grey..someone is more grey than others.....

What are your thoughts???

yea watched Inception ....... and yes for me too this is only the second movie after Matrix where in I had to literally glue myself to understand 60% of the movie......rest 30 was after the second viewing and the last 10 would I guess be after the 3rd watch ......

Seriously mind boggling ....

in the chennai PVR they played it with sub titles!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! made things easier/irritating @ times!.....movie was awesome...had me confused whether i am still in a dream even aftr comng out of the theater!!!!!...awesome direction by nolan and awestruck by leo's acting...but i still preffer his "shutter island"'s acting to be greater!!!!!!!!!.......

I searched for theatre with subtitles and thanks I felt it helped me ,to understand better.

Today my BIL ( Bro in law) told me about 3-4 meanings people derived from plot ( he read it on net) Now I MUST SEE IT AGAIN!

Waiting for special edition DVD/BR ( although I do not have BDP) ..might buy to understand Nolan's vision and version...

I call it "DIMAAG KA DAHI' entertainment!:eek:hyeah::eek:hyeah::eek:hyeah::eek:hyeah:

Well, I plan to write some more about my impression of the movie sometime soon. But it was very disappointing for me to see an English movie with subtitles in a cinema theatre!

I guess it was only a matter of time. Still....it was very distracting and it cut away from the overall movie experience. That was my experience.

Not that it helped people understand the movie, if you know what I mean :).

Well, I plan to write some more about my impression of the movie sometime soon. But it was very disappointing for me to see an English movie with subtitles in a cinema theatre!

I guess it was only a matter of time. Still....it was very distracting and it cut away from the overall movie experience. That was my experience.

Not that it helped people understand the movie, if you know what I mean :).

DISAPPOINTING?!........i was rather shocked/irritated initialy!...even though at times it helped!...got no ego in accepting that!!!!!!!!!!!

Yes Inception is magnificent. I mean one look at it and you just marvel at the way this man Nolan thinks.

He started thinking backwards with "Memento"

Look at how wonderfully he twisted the entire unreal almost supernatural Batman series of the nineties bringing about a fantastic real world feel.

Then came that magical movie" The Prestige"

Inception only gets better and the movie is so different in many ways so easily better than Avatar and so easily better than the thousands of movies in my entire life. The problem with such a movie is that you suddenly start feeling something missing in every other movie.
I mean which movie would end up with having being treated as a major popular puzzle? The movie definitely dint end in the theatre for many of us.

A couple of phrases that kept coming to my mind after the movie were "Chrisdoper Nolan" or maybe "Acid Nolan"......because you can't be in normal state of mind when thinking such a movie. :)

I watched it here last Sunday morning with a group of friends that finally resulted in a grand beer sipping gathering all because we had our own versions to the story.

Anyways one angle to the movie below. For those who want to have their own version like me i think it might take a viewing or 2 more.

Inception Ending Explained (and Discussion) - Screen Rant

Another one possibly similar here
http://www.reelmovienews.com/2010/07/what-did-it-mean-the-ending-of-inception-explained/

Another bit of trivia- There are rumours of JGL(Joseph Gordon Levitt) playing the Riddler in the next Batman Franchise but no confirmation is available as yet

Last edited:
After watching the movie with my wife last night, I realized, vinyl is my own personal totem. As long as it keeps spinning, I KNOW I'm in my perfect dream world. As soon as I have to get up to change the side, reality "kicks" in, no matter how many dream layers deep I am in ;)

Man that was good!

Watched the movie few days back. Liked the movie and specially the Idea (and nothing is more dangerous than an idea he he). I've had my own understanding of the movie and I didn't find the movie that complicated (atleast not to the level of Mullholand Dr., anyone watched that puzzle in the veil of a movie?), although after reading some views on the movie I feel different people have different understanding of the movie.

after watching it, for next two days I kept reading blogs/forums discussing different possible endings :eek:hyeah:..
equal number of arguments whatever way you start thinking.. ;)
I think movie was deliberately made like this.. leaving it you to decide what is reality or a dream ..:cool:
superb editing.. :clapping:
repeat count is going to be very high for this movie :)

Sorry for the noob post, but this isn't being shown in 3D right? I saw the trailer, and it looks to be typical Nolan. Watch this trailer and then TDK trailer, and it's so similar. Still deciding whether I should watch it in the theater..

Sorry for the noob post, but this isn't being shown in 3D right? I saw the trailer, and it looks to be typical Nolan. Watch this trailer and then TDK trailer, and it's so similar. Still deciding whether I should watch it in the theater..

watch it twice in the theatre
then wait for DVD and BD

then wait for BD witth special features and nolan's first explaination...

after 10 years we may be buying 10 th anniversary special media ( don't know which) with some another crooked explaination by Nolan!

I just watched it on IMAX last night... What an experience!! Unfortunately we do not have a IMAX back in Delhi.. will probably watch it again tomorrow.. its just so expensive at $16..

i liked inception and i love subtitles. For us Indians, I think it's a boon. I usually fail to catch chunks of the dialogue in English films, and seriously appreciate the subtitles.

its a grey area to be honest.
sometimes when one can follow the dialogues, one still ends up looking at subtitles.. which is a distraction to be honest.. but again it does help out manier times..

@hemantwaghe
'And good part is I feel there is no clear Hero and No villan.That is nothing black and white.Everyone with shades of grey..someone is more grey than others.....'

I have not watched Matrix,Memento,Dark Knight or Inception as I don't watch ANY Hollywood movie.There films may have cutting edge technology and monstrous budgets but I feel they are totally lacking in subtlety or sophistication.By 'sophistication' I do not mean 'style' but a knowledge of our shared history,our hidden desires and motives,handled with intellectual rigour and honesty and (atleast the intention of trying to unravel the labyrinth called 'truth').Hollywood does not work for me because it is trivialises and dehumanises life.It also suffers from the illusion that it is the center of the universe and all the people living on the 'outside' merely pop corn devouring/coke gulping ticket buyers.Well I am not buying into their version of reality or entertainment.Never will.
As an alternate version of cinema and of 'reality' perhaps you could watch the films of the Hungarian auteur,Miklos Jancso.If you can find them!Jancso's 'Red and White' and 'The Round Up' are shot in open fields,have long takes,few dialogues,make no attempt to name any of the protagonists,begin without a fuss and end without a climax.No larger than life jokers here.Simply nameless people caught on a giant turning wheel which provides no answers and does not let go until the end.

its a grey area to be honest.
sometimes when one can follow the dialogues, one still ends up looking at subtitles.. which is a distraction to be honest.. but again it does help out manier times..

Agreed, I prefer to enable subtitles only for the parts I can't understand.

Wharfedale Linton Heritage Speakers in Walnut finish at a Special Offer Price. BUY now before the price increase.
Back