Incremental 5.1 HT build for my parents

wmxsk

Hello all,

SK here from Pune. I'm a noob audiophile. I'm here for your guidance.

Background:
My parents and my sibling have been using normal tv speakers. They have been complaining about sound not being loud enough or voice not being clear enough. I tried tweaking the tv speakers but to no avail.

Purpose:
Their primary usage is for watching movies and series on Netflix/hotstar/laptop and secondary for some hindi music listening. My younger brother says he'd like to listen to some edm music too. We all love watching movies and documentaries.

Issues:
Finally I decided to spend some amount on getting some good quality speakers. At first I decided to get some active speakers. They're easy to use, I planned to use an optical out from TV. But the problem is with space, we do not have ample space to keep the speakers, neither can we install a soundbar. Nor can I use tall speakers. Moreover, the speaker position, if kept near tv, is less than ideal. During the house renovation, an electrician had routed some audio cables(image attached below) from near where my TV is to the false ceiling. I'm not sure if those cable are good enough.
Two front and two for rear.Screenshot_20201221-173459~4.png

I have also attached images of my false ceiling where the audio cables come out of:
Screenshot_20201221-173509~3.pngScreenshot_20201221-173520~3.png

Plan:
I plan to build a small home theater for them. But I want to do that incrementally. Each year (or maybe every half year) I will get something to complete a 5.1 system. This is for two purposes: first, I will not spend a fortune upfront and other being able to play with multiple audio hardware. My plan is to get two channel speakers(or maybe LCR) at first. Later get some better speakers for front and move the two channel to rear. (Image of the room in question with a plan attached below)
Screenshot_20201221-132817~3.png

Some questions:
So finally coming to my questions, considering my first budget to be ₹30k:

1. Which speakers should I be considering?

2. Which amplifier should I consider?

3. Are the audio cables good enough?

Any suggestions or more questions for me are most welcome!

Stay safe!

Best,
SK

Join WhatsApp group to get HiFiMART.com Offers & Deals delivered to your smartphone!
Back