India gets Olympic champion as Neeraj Chopra wins GOLD in Javelin Throw Final

Yeah, watched his qualifying round and the final today.
I always thought he would get to the podium.
And, once Vetter was out, it was so much easier. Just the colour of the medal was the question.
And he replied in style.
May he go much further.

I am heart broken for Aditi!

She ran so close. Even more so than the Chak De girls. The hockey girls were expected to do well. But Aditi? So close yet :(

I wonder how much of this is the liberal agenda, a brown man taking gold in the olympics. I don't follow sports so there may be more brown and other colors winning more so than usual.

That's the wrong blame. You can blame it on any one or all of Blue, Yellow, Black, Green, Red.

Those admins are smart people. They didn't choose the Brown color for a reason.

Lighten up please, we are high on a gold and a bronze shot today :D

800px-Olympic_flag.svg.png

I have been watching India's performance since the 1986 Asian games. We have always been very poor as compared to our size, economy etc etc.

But in this Olympics, we got very close to winning a medal much more than any previous Olympics. So logically we should be winning more medals in the future Asian and Olympics games.

What's with all the colors ? I am only seeing rings.

Happy for the few medals that we are getting at the Olympics though. I would rather see a few medals for us than subject our athletes to the over intensive training (otherwise know as torture) that some countries subject their citizens to for the sake of medals.

It is said that the colors have been chosen such that at least one of these five colors is present in the flag of every country in the world. We got lucky, out of 4 colors in the Indian flag, 3 are present in this flag, and fourth is an approximation, too.

Last edited:
What's with all the colors ? I am only seeing rings.

Happy for the few medals that we are getting at the Olympics though. I would rather see a few medals for us than subject our athletes to the over intensive training (otherwise know as torture) that some countries subject their citizens to for the sake of medals.
It is said that the colors have been chosen such that at least one of these five colors is present in the flag of every country in the world. We got lucky, out of 4 colors in Indian flag, 3 is present in this flag, and fourth is an approximation, too.
An interesting read...

Fantastic achievement by Neeraj Chopra. Hope this will inspire many more. Also good to see our hockey team doing well.

A beautiful, well-constructed speaker with class-leading soundstage, imaging and bass that is fast, deep, and precise.
Back