INDIA: Yamaha R-N301BL + NS-8390 = Good Combo?

Shrinkie

Before going on to buy, I wanted to double confirm from the experts if the following combo makes sense. Thanks in advance!

• Yamaha R-N301BL Network Stereo Receiver (from Grabmore.com)
  • Yamaha Speaker System NS-8390 (from Amazon.in)
  • Denon DP29F Mini Turntable (from Amazon.in)

All I need is a audio-only system, stereo, to be played from internet or from a turntable, and as cheap as possible. Thank you!

Cheers,
Shrinkie

Last edited:
Before going on to buy, I wanted to double confirm from the experts if the following combo makes sense. Thanks in advance!

• Yamaha R-N301BL Network Stereo Receiver (from Grabmore.com)
  • Yamaha Speaker System NS-8390 (from Amazon.in)
  • Denon DP29F Mini Turntable (from Amazon.in)

All I need is a audio-only system, stereo, to be played from internet or from a turntable, and as cheap as possible. Thank you!

Cheers,
Shrinkie
Hi Shrinkie,

Not an expert to comment on the combo. But rather than buying the NS-8390 from amazon.in, probably you can check in reliance digital - Inorbit Mall. I think they were selling it for 18500. Rather than getting the FS speakers shipped to you. Its good to pick it up from them, that will help you to demo the speakers as well as it will avoid any damages to the speakers.

Thanks,

I have the Yamaha 8390 fs.not great for music. Movies they are awesome. But again, it depends on the kind of music you listen to.

For music, you should look at bookshelf rather then FS (like NS-8390). You can get better sounding BS in your budget than FS NS-8390.

Yes you are much better off with BS and stands, you may seriously consider buying the wharf series, its the right time. If you can stretch pl get the Diamond 230, you will be happy for years to come...

Btw its usually considered a good practice to budget more for the speakers rather than the amp. For 60k+ u can buy the diamond 230 and rs201 combo from hifimart itself. Yamaha and Wharf is considered a very good match by many incl me. Suggest not to buy from US sites because of the warranty and voltage problems issues unless u get an extremely good deal.

Check out our special offers on Stereo Package & Bundles for all budget types.
Back