Indian Made Headphone Amplifiers

mister_moonlight

hey guys,
anyone aware of any indian brands/manufacturers/hobbyists who make dedicated headphone amps?

ive been looking to upgrade my current meier corda 2 move and i'd rather spend my money closer to home.

as such, portability and the DAC are a non-issue. I would prefer a tube amp, but that again is only secondary. any info would be much appreciated. thanks

peace,
a

Hi,
I might be able to help you out in 2 ways :) One, I am not aware of Indian made. But, I know some amplifiers available in India. Musical Fidelity X Can V8 should be one. Or X Can V3 with buffer. Non tube one is Creek. I know that Wai Wai Valve can ship it to India, in which case you can check Shanling PH300. The second way is I know a couple of folks interested in your 2move if you wan't to dispose that off.

thanks for the help, but i dont really want to sell my 2move just yet. i am doing my research on what is available and MADE IN INDIA. anyone?

i just came across lyrita audio.. any clues as to if their amps are suitable for driving headphones? that would be perfect because i'll be in delhi in a couple of weeks.

I personally know of a friend who has bought a headphone/pre amp from Mr Viren Bakshi from Lyrita Audio and is very very pleased.

sweet!!!

any chance you could ask your friend to post his review of the amp? even a few words, just to get an idea of the kind of sound on offer. that would be awesome. thanks

peace,
a

I personally know of a friend who has bought a headphone/pre amp from Mr Viren Bakshi from Lyrita Audio and is very very pleased.

Well,Mr bakshi was asking for Rs 19,000 for headphone amp .

Well,Mr bakshi was asking for Rs 19,000 for headphone amp .

Is it ? I was not knowing it. I auditioned Lyrita 36 W Integrated last year , I found it good VFM product though there were several quality related issues and over all cheapo look and feel.

But now 19 K for Lyrita headphone amp is too much of a price, IMHO. I would suggest to look elsewhere.

Is it ? I was not knowing it. I auditioned Lyrita 36 W Integrated last year , I found it good VFM product though there were several quality related issues and over all cheapo look and feel.

But now 19 K for Lyrita headphone amp is too much of a price, IMHO. I would suggest to look elsewhere.

thanks. i have not had a chance to audition Lyrita amps yet. Hopefully in the next few months i will get the chance to be in Delhi and have a listen for myself.

as for the cheap look and feel and quality issues, as of right now he is one of the very few indian makers of amps, and i feel as a part of the indian hi-fi scene, we should support those who work locally. for me, it is not only the sound that is important, but also the story of each part that gives me that sound. i'd def. like to hear the story mr bakshi's amps will tell me, and also hopefully many more indian amps.

jai hind:D

peace,
a

If I'm not mistaken, what Lyrita offers is a full-fledged valve based pre(the 'Lync') with serious iron, that can also be used as a headphone amp.

It's not an assembly line product. The approach is very customised, and the price therefore is dependent on the features that you may require. E.g. you may not want an in-built phono-stage, or 4 source inputs etc...

So you're on the right track, go have a listen first and see if you like the sound first. Everything else can follow..

Thats what Im going to do .Listen amp offered by MR bakshi ,then I will decide .

Follow HiFiMART on Instagram for offers, deals and FREE giveaways!
Back