Indian titles I want released...

Sirjeeee,

Ilaiyaraaja is a LEGEND....I dont think his music is bound by any Geographies...

Hi jimmy,

Very true.

But I think he's not been heard to in North like AR Rahman, and its only the listeners loss and not him.

N.Murali

Friends,

It is true that Ilaiyaraaja is a legend.Glad to know that he has fans in the north.

When I think of Ilaiyaraaja and his association with Hindi lyrics the song that comes to my mind is the music he composed for a Hindi song"kaise kahoon" in a Tamil movie Nandu (meaning crab in English) a 1981 release.

Thanking you,
pksnathan

Friends,

It is true that Ilaiyaraaja is a legend.Glad to know that he has fans in the north.

When I think of Ilaiyaraaja and his association with Hindi lyrics the song that comes to my mind is the music he composed for a Hindi song"kaise kahoon" in a Tamil movie Nandu (meaning crab in English) a 1981 release.

Thanking you,
pksnathan

Hi Mr.Nathan,

In fact there are 2 hindi songs in that film, "Kaise kahoon" sung by Bhupinder singh & S.Janaki, and "Hum hain akele" sung by S.Janaki. both had lyrics by singer PB Sreenivas.

N.Murali

Rahman numbers on vinyl b great listen. Rangeela cassettes sound out of this world on my nak.
I have sadma cassette n lp both. Cassette is great in its own right but lp sound is something else. Gives me goosebumps imagining rahman music on lp.
However, me thinks, most lyricists didnt do juztice to rahman music on their hindi versions.
Whenever they did , it became long term hit . Else .... Doez anyone even remembers jab dil kisi pe aata hai or gentleman?
Ps: was dayawan aka naayakan an ilaiyaraja number??

Nayakan was by Ilaiyaraaja, not sure about dayawan.

Dayawan was by Laxmikant-Pyarelal. And IMHO, quite an average score barring one duet - 'Aaj phir tumpe pyar aaya hai' sung by Pankaj Udhas and Anuradha; this was melodious and had an old-worldly charm.

The item number (picturized on Ramya on a boat) 'Chaahe meri jaan tu le le - haiya ho haiya' and the theme number 'Dil tera kisne toda' were the two other mildly interesting numbers, but really nothing worth writing eulogies. The mujra number 'Souten kanne kya hai' was downright atrocious!

All above IMHO!

Rahman numbers on vinyl b great listen. Rangeela cassettes sound out of this world on my nak.
I have sadma cassette n lp both. Cassette is great in its own right but lp sound is something else. Gives me goosebumps imagining rahman music on lp.

I am assuming you mean Rahman's Tamil numbers?

In Hindi, three of his comparatively-latest ones are already released - Lagaan, Jodha Akbar & Rang De Basanti. Other than his non-film Vande Mataram. And the direct-to-LP release Jhootha Hi Sahi.

>>>

From Hindustani classical music, especially vocal :

1. Bade Ghulam Ali Khan
2. Fayyaz Khan
3. DV Paluskar

From Hindustani classical instrumental :

1. Ali Akbar Khan
2. Bismillah Khan
3. Ravi Shankar

From Rabindra sangeet :

1. Pankaj Mullik
2. Kanika Bandopadhyay
3. Hemanta Kumar
4. Suchitra Mitra

From Hindi film music -compositions of :
1. SD Burman (Guide, Teen Devian etc.)
2. Madan Mohan
3. Salil Chowdhury
4. Naushad Ali

Regards

issigonis....

multiple titles of ALL artists that u mention are already in circulation on vinyls.... u dont need to wait for them to be realeased.... go search for them and enjoy, especially the ones by Madan Mohan, S D, and Hemantda ( my favs).... grab D V Paluskar's Raga SHREE, if u enjoy classical....

The one artist i would really really like to hear on a vinyl is USTAD RASHID KHAN..... love him....

there r not a lot of Hindi movies that i can recollect that have the kind of music that has a TIMELESS feel to it.....

may be REFUGEE (by Anu Malik), Roja, Dil Se, Swades (Rehman)....

Get the Wharfedale EVO 4.2 3-Way Standmount Speakers at a Special Offer Price.
Back