INDIQ - 10 Inch SubWoofer X 2 (how is the brand)

Michelangalo

Does anyone have any idea about this India brand "Indiq". They have a 10" subwoofers set with an external amp for 45 -50K.

Are there any sound quality advantages of having an external amp for woofers?

It's a costly brand even though its made in India when compared to other international brands.

The sub seems to go as low as 20hz,hope our bangloreans can have a demo and share some thoughts. But expensive for a made in India product.
I guess external amp gives flexibility to custom installers where they hide the sub behind screen or cabinet.

I did audition Norge Amp last week which was connected to their Platinum & Gold Achal 3 way tower speakers which sounded splendid.
Did observe subwoofers placed too, however didn't bother to check as i was more keen on Stereo amp. However the build quality of the subwoofers & speakers looked very impressive. Platinum Achal tower had inbuilt side subwoofer placement similar to other brands & it did sound good to my ears. I bet separate/dedicated subwoofers will be good too.

I did audition Norge Amp last week which was connected to their Platinum & Gold Achal 3 way tower speakers which sounded splendid.
Did observe subwoofers placed too, however didn't bother to check as i was more keen on Stereo amp. However the build quality of the subwoofers & speakers looked very impressive. Platinum Achal tower had inbuilt side subwoofer placement similar to other brands & it did sound good to my ears. I bet separate/dedicated subwoofers will be good too.
Norge which model? Platinum Achal tower - is it imported one? Any idea about price of tower.

Norge which model? Platinum Achal tower - is it imported one? Any idea about price of tower.
Norge 2060UBT & Concerto Gold 1000.
AudiQs product are made in India, If i remember is correctly Platinum Achal - 89k & Gold Achal - 59k.

The sub seems to go as low as 20hz,hope our bangloreans can have a demo and share some thoughts. But expensive for a made in India product.
I guess external amp gives flexibility to custom installers where they hide the sub behind screen or cabinet.
Why a Made in India product cannot be priced at 50K????? Price is for quality and not for its place of birth

Why a Made in India product cannot be priced at 50K????? Price is for quality and not for its place of birth
I was about to ask the same question after going through the thread.
What was the reason to say that subwoofer in this context is expensive? That too without listening to it! :rolleyes:

For around 45k apiece, if they perform on par or better than entry-level SVS or XTZ, all the more reason to support Indian brands and uplift them.
If they're having very bad performance, only then would it make sense to call them expensive.

Because equivalent quality international renowned brand sell for lower price. MADE IN INDIA will be only succesful if we can buy quality product at a affordable cost. It's a different story if all the parts are imported and only assembled in India which can justify the higher price but then it's not really Made in India product.

Last edited:
What he means is, while we end up paying customs and import taxes through our noses for buying good quality equipment from outside India, INDIQ here have a good opportunity to help the local audiophile community by offering similar levels of quality and pass on the cost benefits to the end user. This not only boosts their sales but also beneficial to the user. Win-win for both.

No point jacking up prices just to come across as a premium brand

Edit- just putting across my opinion. Not meant as a bashing post

I was about to ask the same question after going through the thread.
What was the reason to say that subwoofer in this context is expensive? That too without listening to it! :rolleyes:

For around 45k apiece, if they perform on par or better than entry-level SVS or XTZ, all the more reason to support Indian brands and uplift them.
If they're having very bad performance, only then would it make sense to call them expensive.

Their subwoofer is only priced affordable rest everything is higher in price, their tower speakers is 89K a pair. Plus they only have showroom in Bangalore to audition their products. No online video review available. I wanted to buy this buy this but it becomes expensive considering the shipping cost and yes shipping is not free. Hope they create some demo videos for people out of Bangalore.

Well said, this is exactly my point. If it was priced economically I would have bought it without a second thought.
What he means is, while we end up paying customs and import taxes through our noses for buying good quality equipment from outside India, INDIQ here have a good opportunity to help the local audiophile community by offering similar levels of quality and pass on the cost benefits to the end user. This not only boosts their sales but also beneficial to the user. Win-win for both.

No point jacking up prices just to come across as a premium brand

Edit- just putting across my opinion. Not meant as a bashing post

Their subwoofer is only priced affordable rest everything is higher in price, their tower speakers is 89K a pair.
Tower speakers from Indian brands which are above 89K: Sonodyne Avant T2, Acoustic Portrait MS 610, Lyrita Audio horn-loaded speakers, Rethm speakers. Most of them are known to sound good. There are lower-priced offerings from all these manufacturers which might fir your needs (maybe Rethm being an exception).

Plus they only have showroom in Bangalore to audition their products. No online video review available.
As far as I remember, they all have only one showroom in India for you to audition. This might be because of the scale at which they operate and the brand awareness shown by the dealers who are well aware of other brands. I too wish to audition Rethm or Lyrita horns someday.

I wanted to buy this buy this but it becomes expensive considering the shipping cost and yes shipping is not free. Hope they create some demo videos for people out of Bangalore.
When it comes to pricing, try to reach out to the manufacturers directly and share your concerns. If they do not respond appropriately, then just move away and try something else.

Tower speakers from Indian brands which are above 89K: Sonodyne Avant T2, Acoustic Portrait MS 610, Lyrita Audio horn-loaded speakers, Rethm speakers. Most of them are known to sound good. There are lower-priced offerings from all these manufacturers which might fir your needs (maybe Rethm being an exception).

As far as I remember, they all have only one showroom in India for you to audition. This might be because of the scale at which they operate and the brand awareness shown by the dealers who are well aware of other brands. I too wish to audition Rethm or Lyrita horns someday.

When it comes to pricing, try to reach out to the manufacturers directly and share your concerns. If they do not respond appropriately, then just move away and try something else.

I actually did reach out to one of the manufacturer and was not happy about the pricing and end up buying the international brand speaker.

Made in India initiative will only be successful if the pricing is less in comparison to similar foreign brands.

I think expectations for Indian made items to have better pricing is a reasonable expectation. India has significant taxes which bump up pricing for most imported hifi equipment significantly. Expecting Indian pricing for an Indian sub to be in line with, say us pricing for a US sub is not at all unreasonable.

Indian manufacturers tend to price their products slightly below their imported peers with the aim on competing on value.

Value is not just performance or specs. A foreign brand has known and tested performance, reliability, parts support, brand value, stability, resale value etc, none of which Indian brands offer. As much as I am Patriotic, my interest in hifi is not a charity. Nor is it about giving Indian brands what that deserve or a fair chance.

Last edited:
I would not like to take this further. But bluntly stating a product just because it is made in India, does not quantify to be stated as over priced. A particular product like the above mentioned sub maybe so, then do a parallel comparison and justify the same.

That said, yes, imported products do have a mark-up in terms of duties and taxes, but that said most are made in China, where the manufacturing cost is many a times below that of in India and will essentially cover the price difference.

So a generalized statement is better avoided.
It is up to an individual to decide if Indian audio products can match the performances of those made abroad.
But when you find something that is good then honour the price if it matches up to something that equates one that has crossed the seven seas.

It is a unjustified demand that similar performing items should be priced lower than their international counterparts. If you are paying a certain sum for an international brand item then why you insist that similar specced/performance item be given at lower price just because it's Indian. You will then pay the same sum for same item for an international brand! :mad: Beats logic, just Dhimmitude! I don't mean to be rude, It's just that such logic is frustrating.

It is a unjustified demand that similar performing items should be priced lower than their international counterparts. If you are paying a certain sum for an international brand item then why you insist that similar specced/performance item be given at lower price just because it's Indian. You will then pay the same sum for same item for an international brand! :mad: Beats logic, just Dhimmitude! I don't mean to be rude, It's just that such logic is frustrating.
Because the same Indian brand doesn't have to pay taxes and other duties, and multiple distributor margins when compared to what a foreign brand has to pay for importing their equipment here

The whole point is International brands are expensive in India because of 30%-40% custom duties and logistic charges on import.
Ex- Polk Ri a7 in the US is $220 approx INR 15400. The same product in India sells for INR 66K thats a huge price difference.

What I am saying is If we have a comparable made in India brand it should cost in the range of 15-20 K considering there are no custom duties involved. But what Indian brands do is they compare their pricing with International brands pricing after import (66K). Hope now you get what I am trying to say. I have been saying the same thing again and again in this post but most of the sentimental users don't get this. I cant be more clear than this.

Does anyone have any idea about this India brand "Indiq". They have a 10" subwoofers set with an external amp for 45 -50K.

Are there any sound quality advantages of having an external amp for woofers?

It's a costly brand even though its made in India when compared to other international brands.

When you say set does it include 2 x 10" subs along with amp or 1 x 10 " sub with amp?

Its a bit unclear from the website as well. it says 1 sub in description but shows 2 subs in pictures

Check out our special offers on Stereo Package & Bundles for all budget types.
Back