Inexpensive Android/Google TV streamer

vkalia

Folks, is there an inexpensive Android streamer that works well without lagging?

It is for a 32” iFalcon TV that i have in front on my indoor cycling trainer, so i am not too fussed about 4K or any of that. Just want something that works without lagging, taking ages to respond and is easy to connect via Chromecast (added bonus if it also works with Airplay) - the TV’s OS is a pain in the ass when trying to use in the middle of a workout.

Added bonus if it runs the latest international version of Google TV (there are a couple of sports apps i use that dont seem to work on older versions).

No Firestick (app compatibility reasons) and not looking to spend 20k on an Apple TV unit for a 10k TV. :). So Google/Android TV only. Is the Mi streamer any good?

Folks, is there an inexpensive Android streamer that works well without lagging?

It is for a 32” iFalcon TV that i have in front on my indoor cycling trainer, so i am not too fussed about 4K or any of that. Just want something that works without lagging, taking ages to respond and is easy to connect via Chromecast (added bonus if it also works with Airplay) - the TV’s OS is a pain in the ass when trying to use in the middle of a workout.

Added bonus if it runs the latest international version of Google TV (there are a couple of sports apps i use that dont seem to work on older versions).

No Firestick (app compatibility reasons) and not looking to spend 20k on an Apple TV unit for a 10k TV. :). So Google/Android TV only. Is the Mi streamer any good?
I am using Mi box 4K. It is Ok, no lag. However I am using it with sony 4K tv that is not fully smart tv as it is 5 years old. Mi box itself is around 2.5 - 3 years old. I never had any problems. I also use this same box for amazon music and take digital out from Tv to amplifier. The box itself has 3.5mm mini toslink to take digital audio out, that is a plus point. The same digital audio out can also give 3.5mm aux out. The bluetooth is ver 4.2, I am not sure but there must be the latest version available in current model, check.

I have also used this box for a few days with a 12 years old samsung 32" led tv, just for testing purpose. It also worked fine with that tv.

I am using Mi box 4K. It is Ok, no lag. However I am using it with sony 4K tv that is not fully smart tv as it is 5 years old. Mi box itself is around 2.5 - 3 years old. I never had any problems. I also use this same box for amazon music and take digital out from Tv to amplifier. The box itself has 3.5mm mini toslink to take digital audio out, that is a plus point. The same digital audio out can also give 3.5mm aux out. The bluetooth is ver 4.2, I am not sure but there must be the latest version available in current model, check.

I have also used this box for a few days with a 12 years old samsung 32" led tv, just for testing purpose. It also worked fine with that tv.

Cheers. I dont really care about digital out or anything like that - just want a lag-free experience. This looks like it might work - one request: can you let me know what version of Android TV it runs?

I'm an Android fan and a user of Androids since 2013, Pixels & Nexuses since they are in India.

I've used Chromecast, MI TV 4A, Fire Stick, Fire Stick 4k and Fire Cube.

Sadly, none of the Android streaming sticks or boxes will give you a lag free experience in the long run.

I am going to buy Apple TV and get rid of this Android cluster****, and would recommend you to do the same.

Gtv w chromecast, mi/realme tv sticks, onn tv box (if you can get one) - any of these will fit your bill.
These gadgets tend to slow down with time, just like your mobile phone. A periodic factory reset will help get rid of unwanted stuff and speed up a bit

Get the Wharfedale EVO 4.2 3-Way Standmount Speakers at a Special Offer Price.
Back