Initial impressions : Added Velodyne CHT-12Q to my HT setup

vizeta

I got my Velodyne CHT-12Q and very happy with the performance.

I have done some listening tests on my set up both in Pure/Direct and in Stereo 2 channel selected. Here are my initial impressions:.

The Positives:
==========

Played Bassotronics - Bass, I Love track (MP3) and could feel huge thump & vibration. I could feel air moving in the room with the thumps.
The movies effects were great with the subwoofer.
During the tests I could not run the system loud as bass it makes bass boomy because of small size of the room.

The challenges:
===========

1. Few keys (key codes) of My Xtreamer remote & Velodyne remote are interfering with each other. The preset keys are trying to delete selected file in my Xtreamer. And few keys on Xtreamer remote are changing Phase on speaker.

2. In Pure/Direct the sub woofer is out of circuit and it is just L&R listening, so no contribution of SUB in this mode. In Direct/Pure there is a width of music and a mid range detail that I don't hear with Stereo, not significant but just enough to notice.

3. In Stereo 2 channel the sub stays in the loop. Although I get decent (or prominent) bass from the subwoofer but not getting the soundstage, width of music and midrange clarity I get in Pure/Direct mode.

I need suggestion can I use Speaker level input from the amplifier to get the LOWs from the subwoofer. Will this type of connectivity give me same type (when SW connected to LFE out of AVR) of Bass effects for the movies (I know AVR need to configure to send LFE to Fronts).

I googled for the same and found majority are advising to use speaker level input only when Line level output is not available from the Receiver/processor. But few people reported to get good result when used speaker level input.

Last edited:
The Marantz PM7000N offers big, spacious and insightful sound, class-leading clarity and a solid streaming platform in a award winning package.
Back