Inr vs euro/gbp

chirag007

INR is strengthening against major currencies and it has appreciated 8-12% against EURO/GBP/USD in few weeks. It is trading at 59.7/67.7/44.5 respectively.

Should we see this getting reflected in imported speakers now?:yahoo:

INR is strengthening against major currencies and it has appreciated 8-12% against EURO/GBP/USD in few weeks. It is trading at 59.7/67.7/44.5 respectively.

Should we see this getting reflected in imported speakers now?:yahoo:

hi chirag - when the USD goes below 42 INR - shit will hit the fan and there will be panic up Dinyaar's stereet!!

so we have a window period of about 8 to 10 days before dollars start flying back to where they came from -

all must act in haste and buy (dollar denominated) audio/visual components.

regds

and (especially) should not buy shares of listed companies now.

Currencies plays a important role...

But, to the hell, they can nvr be futuristic...
They always change...

We get containers... and its nt easy to wait for the prices to be favourable and then order the goods..
If there are no goods to float in the market thn we are screwed...

why do you suggest this btw ..

planning my trips / purchases when it hits $==40Rs ;)

hi maniac_2004 -

RBI (reserve bank of india) will intervene if the dollar drops below 42 INR = $ will not hit 40.

why is the $ dropping against the rupee? = because foreign (hedge) funds are buying shares of listed companies and flooding india speci.fic space with (speculative) dollars -

a nice bubble has formed where the shares of too many companies are hitting the upper circuit (for quite some time now)

if one buys into the market now it would be a mistake - because that would be like giving away your money.

and when retired people start putting their money in the market upon the advice of younger people in the hope of doubling their money - it is time to get out and get into money.

that is why i suggested that = the dollar and stock market are too closely linked for the indian investor's comfort:)

Last edited:
hi maniac_2004 -

RBI (reserve bank of india) will intervene if the dollar drops below 42 INR = $ will not hit 40.

why is the $ dropping against the dollar = because foreign (hedge) funds are buying shares of listed companies and flooding india speci.fic space with (speculative) dollars -

a nice bubble has formed where the shares of too many companies are hitting the upper circuit (for quite some time now)

if one buys into the market now it would be a mistake - because that would be like giving away your money.

and when retired people start putting their money in the market upon the advice of younger people in the hope of doubling their money - it is time to get out and get into money.

that is why i suggested that = the dollar and stock market are too closely linked for the indian investor's comfort:)

very intresting .. this trend seems to be the same for the past years as well(08) !

Also one more query .. did RBI not intervene last time when $ was as 39 Rs ?

Last edited:
why is the $ dropping against the rupee? = because foreign (hedge) funds are buying shares of listed companies and flooding india speci.fic space with (speculative) dollars -

And I was thinking of converting shares to AV equipments. Seems like I should act in a hurry (seeing the prices after the recent rally). Amazon, Audiogon, eBay (& others), here I come ;)

There could be a correction, but IF the greediest promoter on the block viz., the Govt which plans to suck 40K crores out of people (or transfer from SBI or LIC) are in cahoots with the (so called) FIIs, craziness could last a while == more bucks to spend :)

well i do not know whether the price of goods esp hifi A/V equipment would mirror the appreciation of the currency so rapidly - as they are not actually necessary goods and their demand is less elastic than many other necessary and more widely sold goods being imported.

With regards to the markets, well i personally think as long as the rupee appreciates the markets will go up as FIIs will keep investing.

With regards to the markets, well i personally think as long as the rupee appreciates the markets will go up as FIIs will keep investing.

well, exactly - the FIIs are the ones inflating the bubble - and seeing how far it will carry - but like dinyaar (our forum member) says - forget trying to catch the top 20% and do not fret about the bottom 20 % - work with the middle 60%-

i think we are well past the juicy part - on the way to falling off the cliff - anyways the next few days/weeks will tell -

let us come back to the thread after a significant event - and retrospect!:)

On the part about AV equipment getting cheaper due to falling USD or GBP - if you look at history, this isnt really true. The main reason is that they increase prices to accomodate for that difference in either raw parts or labour. MA speakers is a good example in recent times that I can think of, GBP dropped from high 80s quite a bit but the speaker pricing has gone up, not even stayed the same.

cheers

On the part about AV equipment getting cheaper due to falling USD or GBP - if you look at history, this isnt really true. The main reason is that they increase prices to accomodate for that difference in either raw parts or labour. MA speakers is a good example in recent times that I can think of, GBP dropped from high 80s quite a bit but the speaker pricing has gone up, not even stayed the same.

cheers

hi odyssey - i think the trick (as an individual buyer - wishing to take the risk of importing)) is to try to catch the british purveyor/ american purveyor of fine audio equipment unawares - before they have time to react - steal the the goods from under their upturned noses!:) - and before they realise that the currency parity is not working in their favor anymore! - this being a short term phenomenon ( our govt. is spending beyond means - $ will go to 50 INR before one enters credit card number for purchase of much wanted AV gear!

Order your Rega Turntables & Amplifiers from HiFiMART.com - India's reputed online dealer.
Back