Integrated amplifier and budget streamer in 45K

reggaerahul

Hi all, posting after many years. Thank you all already for wonderful posts and knowledge shared here.

Listing down my requirement and choices for above said combination :

Source :
  • TV for movies (ready to compromise with Headphone out as RCA input of analog amp)
  • Spotify
  • RCA with my vocal/guitar pedals out for experimenting
Music/Genre : Classic Rock/Acoustic Rock (Dire straits, Floyd, JBJ, Beatles, other mid 70-80s bands), Little Hard Rock (Maiden), Piano instrumentals, Old hindi. Don't know house shattering bass for movies but should be good for dialogs and background music in dramas.

Speakers :
  • Q acoustics 3050i
Connections :

This changes by option to option but for cheaper streamers, prefer to have a optical in/coax in on the integrated amplifier.

MUST have : Ethernet port for streamer.

Current Setup / Past used :
  • Yamaha YAS-207 soundbar for TV
  • Edifier 1700BT for desktop
  • Orb Audio Class D amp + Polk T110 BS. (Regret separating)
  • Sherwood Amp (forgot number) + Jamo 626FS (Not with me right now)

Options :

1. All in one - Yamaha RN-602 - Have mixed reviews, audition difficult in Pune, can't separately upgrade if don't like something. Pro: If I like it, the mind won't wander off online searching to upgrade separates in upcoming years
  2. Marantz PM6007 + Arylic S50 Pro+(used/new) or Allo Boss/RPI4, crossing budget a little bit or Similar like Acoustic Portrait DaC player
  3. Some better amp with DAC around 40K and used BDP with Ethernet and Spotify. (Checked some older Sony, Panasonic, can't figure if Spotify is supported) or a cheap Android Box TV for 3-4K.
  4. Yamaha WXC-50 + used older integrated analog amplifier in ~15-20 K range. I am happy to experiment here and even okay to have amps 10-15yr old if they were above budget range when launched. Many options on Olx and risk involved. Some explored - Marantz PM7001, 8xxx, 6xxx series, NAD few options, Cambridge Audio Azure 640a, Yamaha few options, Arcam very old alpha 3,7,8,10, but please suggest more if you know.
  5. Yamaha WXC-50 + old power amplifier in 15-20K range. In addition to above - Rotel, Cyrus has some options. Don't know if I can get new power amp in that range.
  6. (Budget Stretch) - Yamaha RN803, difficult to audition and availability.
  7. (Budget Stretch) - Audiolab 6000n + Power/IA from above options.
  8. (Budget Stretch++) - Something in 60K if this kind of future proofs and have above budget range components, like Marantz PM7000N (which is not in budget but just an example, don't know what would be)
Appreciate the inputs.

Rahul

Yamaha WXA-50(its the same WXC 50 that you have listed, but has an inbuilt integrated AMP) that features yamaha music app with the integration of popular digital music stations for 41k ?

My research led me to believe its the best bang for the buck, though power is limited to 50Watts but it was sufficient for my requirement.

Last edited:
Hi all, posting after many years. Thank you all already for wonderful posts and knowledge shared here.

Listing down my requirement and choices for above said combination :

Source :
  • TV for movies (ready to compromise with Headphone out as RCA input of analog amp)
  • Spotify
  • RCA with my vocal/guitar pedals out for experimenting
Music/Genre : Classic Rock/Acoustic Rock (Dire straits, Floyd, JBJ, Beatles, other mid 70-80s bands), Little Hard Rock (Maiden), Piano instrumentals, Old hindi. Don't know house shattering bass for movies but should be good for dialogs and background music in dramas.

Speakers :
  • Q acoustics 3050i
Connections :

This changes by option to option but for cheaper streamers, prefer to have a optical in/coax in on the integrated amplifier.

MUST have : Ethernet port for streamer.

Current Setup / Past used :
  • Yamaha YAS-207 soundbar for TV
  • Edifier 1700BT for desktop
  • Orb Audio Class D amp + Polk T110 BS. (Regret separating)
  • Sherwood Amp (forgot number) + Jamo 626FS (Not with me right now)

Options :

1. All in one - Yamaha RN-602 - Have mixed reviews, audition difficult in Pune, can't separately upgrade if don't like something. Pro: If I like it, the mind won't wander off online searching to upgrade separates in upcoming years
  2. Marantz PM6007 + Arylic S50 Pro+(used/new) or Allo Boss/RPI4, crossing budget a little bit or Similar like Acoustic Portrait DaC player
  3. Some better amp with DAC around 40K and used BDP with Ethernet and Spotify. (Checked some older Sony, Panasonic, can't figure if Spotify is supported) or a cheap Android Box TV for 3-4K.
  4. Yamaha WXC-50 + used older integrated analog amplifier in ~15-20 K range. I am happy to experiment here and even okay to have amps 10-15yr old if they were above budget range when launched. Many options on Olx and risk involved. Some explored - Marantz PM7001, 8xxx, 6xxx series, NAD few options, Cambridge Audio Azure 640a, Yamaha few options, Arcam very old alpha 3,7,8,10, but please suggest more if you know.
  5. Yamaha WXC-50 + old power amplifier in 15-20K range. In addition to above - Rotel, Cyrus has some options. Don't know if I can get new power amp in that range.
  6. (Budget Stretch) - Yamaha RN803, difficult to audition and availability.
  7. (Budget Stretch) - Audiolab 6000n + Power/IA from above options.
  8. (Budget Stretch++) - Something in 60K if this kind of future proofs and have above budget range components, like Marantz PM7000N (which is not in budget but just an example, don't know what would be)
Appreciate the inputs.

Rahul
Some options but bit outta budget

NAD seems to be all-in-one 👍🏼

I will pick a marantz pm6007 and an allo boss 2 player or allo digione signature.
Thanks @ajuvignesh - I would get to try PM5005/7003 from a friend which should give me some idea of Marantz sound.

Yamaha WXA-50(its the same WXC 50 that you have listed, but has an inbuilt integrated AMP) that features yamaha music app with the integration of popular digital music stations for 41k ?

My research led me to believe its the best bang for the buck, though power is limited to 50Watts but it was sufficient for my requirement.
Thanks @Sun4zen. Had heard mixed reviews for this and it's a class D (not that I know the exact sound wise difference of how it'd differ from class a/b) but indeed a great proposition with all in one box.
Some options but bit outta budget

NAD seems to be all-in-one 👍🏼
Thanks @headcase for suggestions. NAD doesn't seem to have Ethernet cable and out of budget for now.

Audiolab among the mentioned. Another couple of good options will be Boss 2 player with Discrete Dynamics Amp or AP DAC/Streamer+Ap Swara IA.
Good options @Yogesh ! I'll check the AP ones.

One question on a streamer :

If I plan to use external DAC, what is it that contributes to huge price difference in say Spotify being streamed out of a 3K Mi Box out through an Optical VS mid and high end Audiolab/Marantz and many other player doing the same ?

One question on a streamer :

If I plan to use external DAC, what is it that contributes to huge price difference in say Spotify being streamed out of a 3K Mi Box out through an Optical VS mid and high end Audiolab/Marantz and many other player doing the same ?
In my view - none :)

In my view - none :)
Hmmm.. so the price for high end streamers is mostly in their DACs ?

You should check Cambridge Audio amps and DAC’s they are far better in budget range.
Please suggest models. I did not find anything having in built DAC that can compare in spec n price to say a Marantz PM6007. Not wishing to have a seperate DAC(like dacmagic), prefer to have it either in IAmp or the streamer

Thanks @ajuvignesh - I would get to try PM5005/7003 from a friend which should give me some idea of Marantz sound.

Thanks @Sun4zen. Had heard mixed reviews for this and it's a class D (not that I know the exact sound wise difference of how it'd differ from class a/b) but indeed a great proposition with all in one box.

Thanks @headcase for suggestions. NAD doesn't seem to have Ethernet cable and out of budget for now.
Oh ok...but it has wifi so all integrated apps will work and it has Chromecast & airplay support along with DLNA.

With marantz pm6007 integrated u will need a streamer which will cross the budget. Ull be better off buying an all-in-one (any) in that case. There could be more options.
Good options @Yogesh ! I'll check the AP ones.

Within your budget, I feel the simplest solution is :
- Marantz PM6007 @ Rs 35K
- Mi Box 4K @ Rs 4k

Total Rs 39K

Connect the Mi Box to the Marantz via the optical out, connect the Mi Box to WiFi , and you are done.

Spotify Connect, chromecast, all will work perfectly.

Hmmm.. so the price for high end streamers is mostly in their DACs ?

Please suggest models. I did not find anything having in built DAC that can compare in spec n price to say a Marantz PM6007. Not wishing to have a seperate DAC(like dacmagic), prefer to have it either in IAmp or the streamer
If you have an iPhone just use Apple Music hi res @99 per month and skip the streamer altogether. Use any usb dac (decent). I use audioquest dragonfly v 1.2. If you want to save on amp go for Norge or similar . I found it better than Marantz ( personal taste).

- Mi Box 4K @ Rs 4k

Total Rs 39K

Connect the Mi Box to the Marantz via the optical out, connect the Mi Box to WiFi , and you are done.

Agreed. Just that Mi box doesn't have Ethernet which was one of my must haves. Though there would be usb ethernet adapters that'd work.

If you have an iPhone just use Apple Music hi res @99 per month and skip the streamer altogether. Use any usb dac (decent). I use audioquest dragonfly v 1.2. If you want to save on amp go for Norge or similar . I found it better than Marantz ( personal taste).
Thanks @Amarendra . I infact do have an iPhone 6 that can be used as a music player. Good option, also heard their rates for subscribption slashed to match Spotifys.

Wondering if folks have any recommendations for older amps with option #4, #5 above.

Agreed. Just that Mi box doesn't have Ethernet which was one of my must haves. Though there would be usb ethernet adapters that'd work.

Thanks @Amarendra . I infact do have an iPhone 6 that can be used as a music player. Good option, also heard their rates for subscribption slashed to match Spotifys.

Wondering if folks have any recommendations for older amps with option #4, #5 above.

USB Ethernet adapters do work with the Mi Box. Have tested.

For example :

- Mi Box 4K @ Rs 4k

Total Rs 39K

To add a better streamer, a WiiM mini for around 6k can do Airplay, Tidal connect , Qobuz Amazon Music HD and Spotify connect via optical out.

Yes it’s 99 per month and I control the iPhone music through my Apple Watch.

Buy from India's official online dealer!
Back