integrated amplifier with power amp

zelda_venom

hey ppl,
i wanna know if its advisable to use the pre outs of an integrated amplifier with a power amplifier...if so what changes can i see..i mean discernible....i aint an audiophile yet so will it make any change to me...

hey ppl,
i wanna know if its advisable to use the pre outs of an integrated amplifier with a power amplifier...if so what changes can i see..i mean discernible....i aint an audiophile yet so will it make any change to me...

Hi,
If its a bigger,better amp than ur integrated u will see/hear all the benefits of a pre/power.Example is Nad 320 BEE which i think is 50WPC used as a pre with the 150wpc C272 will improve everything. Dynamics,scale,control and u wont feel the amp straining at all. Of course using a better pre amp will be even better.
(In my opinion this integrated used as a pre is as good as the C162 Nad preamp, at least to my ears)
And unless u have a really tiny speaker more power is never a problem.Lots of people actually do this when they upgrade to bigger/more demanding speakers. They just add a power amp.
Regards

Regards

Last edited:
Hi ,

You also have a chance of Bi wiring the speakers ( if ur speakers supports this ) and always the pre and power combination are better then intregrated in many ways.

regards

Join WhatsApp group to get HiFiMART.com Offers & Deals delivered to your smartphone!
Back