integrated stereo amplifier vs pre-power(multichannel) for hifi

subabu2002

hello everybody,

i have planning to buy Tannoy DC6T SE for music.. for this i must need bit powerful amp for better sound..

also,planning to buy integra seperate power\pre combo for HT ..

but still confused to get new integrated amp for Tannoy...

i dont wish to invest heavy amount again for musical integrated amplifier..

my question is ,

do pre/power combo (multichannel) will work well musical sound like dedicated integrated amplifier?

for music , does integrated amp is better than pre/power(multichannel) combo?

or power/pre (multichannel) combo will do better as integrated stereo amp.?

thanks in advance

suresh babu

perhaps im mistaken but from your post it seems that you a little unclear on the terminology

a stereo amplifier is a 2 channel amplifier. a multichannel is a surround sound amplifier.

both of them come as integrated and separates. an integrated amplifier consists of a pre amp and a power amp in one body. separates is when the pre amp and power amp are housed in separate bodies.

a pre / power separate is generally better than an integrated amp but is also quite a bit more expensive. esp at the level of system you are talking about, imo it will not be worth the extra money you spend on it.

at a given budget, a stereo amp will generally be better in sound quality than a surround sound / multichannel amp mainly because it has to power only 2 speakers instead of 6.

so if youre going for a stereo set up with the set up speakers mentioned above imo go for an integrated stereo amplifier

Hi subabu2002

Whats the budget you are willing to spend on a integrated stereo amp or AVR? Once we know this, we can advise you better...

The Marantz PM7000N offers big, spacious and insightful sound, class-leading clarity and a solid streaming platform in a award winning package.
Back