Integrating Mains vs Center

As of now, I've configured my system using Audyssey and curve editor.
Is it worth to go REW path?
Using rew you can measure the frequency response and also know your room decay time. If it is worth knowing these details depends on each individual. For me it is worth investing 8.5K on a U-Mic.
How do you configure 160 degrees phase shift? (Same example from that link)

In reference to the quote I believe he is referring to the phase knob that comes in many subwoofers which you can set it from 0-180.I don’t read anything in avs forum cause they keep explaining technical things in detail but never come to a conclusion in most cases. Do note I am not disregarding what they have to say or anything against avs forum but I just don’t like reading lengthy paragraphs and multiple pages on a particular topic :)

Last edited:
After playing with different delay values I some how managed to integrate mains and Center with the sub.

Image 1-Blue graph is mains crossed over at 80 with the subs unplugged. This gives the response of mains alone crossed over at 80. Red is mains response crossed over at 80 with the sub engaged and the mains unplugged. Black is mains crossed over at 80 with both sub and mains engaged. Crossover seems to be smooth

Image 2-Blue graph is center crossed over at 90 with the subs unplugged.This gives the response of Center alone crossed over at 90.
Black is center response crossed over at 90 with the sub engaged and the center unplugged.Red is center crossed over at 90 with both sub and center engaged. Crossover seems to be smooth

Bass for most part is awesome. But some area it sounds flat. Especially gun shots, heavy punching or jumping scenes and bomb blasts. I can feel the pressure and see massive excursions in the sub but literally flat with no punch. Can it be SBIR?

Attachments

• 5C9C9A90-DCD8-4DC6-9C2E-D5B06641EC8C.jpeg
    5C9C9A90-DCD8-4DC6-9C2E-D5B06641EC8C.jpeg
    160.4 KB · Views: 17
  • 0CCA5EDA-78B3-4F77-B172-35040CDEC8EC.jpeg
    0CCA5EDA-78B3-4F77-B172-35040CDEC8EC.jpeg
    151.1 KB · Views: 17
Last edited:
For excellent sound that won't break the bank, the 5 Star Award Winning Wharfedale Diamond 12.1 Bookshelf Speakers is the one to consider!
Back