Interconnecting Home and Pro audio

Adhiraj

Hey Guys,
Having trouble figuring this out.A little background first ,my project involves tri amping,I am using a professional application DSP loudspeaker management unit for this purpose (most likely the Driverack PA+/260) .

I am using one Crown power amp (PA) to power the low section,one ohm professional power amp for the mids.However for the Highs I am inclined (mostly because of cost considerations :sad:) to use my existing Yamaha AX496 (Home) amp.

The problem lies in connecting the home amp to the DBX.I am unsure if the input levels of the Yammie will be able to accept the outputs from the DBX.The Yamaha has something called a Direct Source ,but from the manual,I am given to believe that this too passes through a pre amp and then to the power section ,only bypassing the tone controls.

Plus the output input specs are in completely different units:-

DBX 260
Type: Electronically balanced, RF filtered
Impedance: 120 ohms
Max Output Level: +22dBu

Yamaha AX496
Input level
CD/DVD:150 mV

That apart will I be able to drive the DBX using a pre amp designed for home use?

Input section:
Type: Electronically balanced/RF filtered
Impedance: > 40k ?
Max input line level: +34dBu with input jumpers in +30 position

That apart what the heck in hell is a dBu?

Help!

Record out level is not affected by volume control:(

Looks like I will have to trade this thing in for an amp with a pre out.Then it should work out like in the diagram, you just saved me some bucks.Kudos.

Does the NAD pre out function independent of the source playing from the main in? As in does it have its own source selector?

Follow HiFiMART on Instagram for offers, deals and FREE giveaways!
Back