Interest Check-Personal Shopper Service in UK/Europe

victor77

I recently noticed that the amazon.de,which has been an international online shopping haven for most of our forum members,has hiked its shipping charges.I myself was going to place orders on amazon.de so they would ship to my home in India(instead of me buying here in the UK and shipping it to India),as the delivery charges offered by amazon.de worked out much cheaper and also they didnt charge VAT on shipments outside Europe.

I was surprised to see some members were paying a remarkably higher customs duty.I have shipped several packages from here in the UK,containing electrical appliances and small electronics worth around 300 - 750 per package,and never once had to pay duty of over Rs.3300.This comprised of the following duties - 10% BCD,12% CVD,3% EDU. CESS,4% SAD + Rs.300 charged by the courier company for handling the Duty payment.This was mainly because of the total value of the package being marked fittingly :p .I have never had any problems with the customs clearance,as I have a clear understanding that nobody bothers to check the actual values of the items.The parcels were always delivered by fedex on the 5th or 6th working day,except once when it was delayed by 2 days as the parcel was marked as surveillance equipments,and the customs had to open the package.No duty was levied twice where the total value was marked as < Rs.10k

I was wondering if any of our forum members would be interested in a Personal Shopper sort of service where I would be purchasing the items personally from UK/EU websites and get it delivered to myself in UK and then forward it on to you.I could ship virtually any item except the prohibited items which can be found here https://www.parcel2go.com/shipping-items.aspx

The delivery costs can be checked on Parcel2Go | Courier Services | Express Parcel Delivery Company .

Post here if any one of you is interested!.

I checked a few quotes, it is way costlier than Aramex

Have you used aramex for shipping from UK to India? The rates are based on Volumetric weight(whichever is greater).I just got below quotes from UK to India for a 15Kg parcel on Intl. express service.

Aramex - 141.80 Parcel2go - 120.60

Real bad to hear the nexus with some parties here to hike amazon.de prices.

I will be interested for the shipper... but volume weight is not preferred .
as the parcel volume is not known with packaging most of the time .

I dont like aramex as they rip off the buyer some time in random weight and custom. THERE IS ABSOLUTELY NO CLAIM for damaged items with ARAMEX.

However the aramex is consistent ... customer care , delivery etc pretty alive
most other shippers slowdown and show random behaviors

Follow HiFiMART on Instagram for offers, deals and FREE giveaways!
Back