• Hello and Welcome to HiFiVision.com - an online community for the home entertainment and tech enthusiasts!

If you would like to ask a question, participate in a discussion and view attachments please Register yourself.

Interesting observation - older monarchy dacs ( ladder type )

square_wave

Posting this for the benefit of the people here.

An audiophile friend of mine who is now working with a large and popular audio dealer abroad, have been trying out these older models from Monarchy audio. The dual 20bit models using pcm chips. He is utterly astonished by their performance. Apart from the nth degree resolution at the top end, it seems to be outperforming many mainstream dacs costing $$$$ these days when it comes to engaging musical performance. I do not know specifics of all the models being compared. M22B is one that impressed a lot. Will post when I get more info.

Anyone using these dacs ?

SPONSORED ADS
Last edited:

SPONSORED ADS

Rajiv

Posting this for the benefit of the people here.

An audiophile friend of mine who is now working with a large and popular audio dealer abroad, have been trying out these older models from Monarchy audio. The dual 20bit models using pcm chips. He is utterly astonished by their performance. Apart from the nth degree resolution at the top end, it seems to be outperforming many mainstream dacs costing $$$$ these days when it comes to engaging musical performance. I do not know specifics of all the models being compared. M22B is one that impressed a lot. Will post when I get more info.

Anyone using these dacs ?
HI,

OH! OH! The secret is out. The Monarchy DAC's are great.I have heard the 18 and the 24. Both are superb. Both sound better than the two box Lampizator Level 7 DAC to my ears. Heard all three DAC's in the same system.

The Monarchy DAC's are based on the Lite DAC's but built to Monarchy specs and parts.

https://www.audioasylum.com/audio/digital/messages/11/119655.html

Regards
Rajiv

Last edited by a moderator:

haisaikat

does the monarchy's sound great straight out of the box or do we need to tweak around with its output stages like changing caps, etc to arrive at a good output?

rbalagopalan

Hi all and @square_wave It may not be too much if I say that I am the one to import Monorchys first in India as far as I dug out. I have imported all the line up of Monorchy DACs. Right from 18B, 22A, 22B, 33C and NM24.

They are legends. Trust me you need a current gen ₹3Lakh dac to level this 900$ 18B DAC.

@Rajiv as precisely pointed out the secret is out.

NM24 has more flexibility. It has Tube output as well as SS output for DAC section and it has Tube preamp with one line level input. It's an amazing gear in a single pack at $1500.

I have imported so far 6 numbers 18Bs and given to friends and forum members who wanted it after listening it in my place. Also got one NM24 to a forum member.

All of them tried to upgrade their DACs and could not get near to this within ₹3Lakhs budget. I am not exaggerating here.

All are welcome to my home for listening/auditioning.

Thanks

R. Balagopalan

Thanks.

square_wave

Hi all and @square_wave It may not be too much if I say that I am the one to import Monorchys first in India as far as I dug out. I have imported all the line up of Monorchy DACs. Right from 18B, 22A, 22B, 33C and NM24.

They are legends. Trust me you need a current gen ₹3Lakh dac to level this 900$ 18B DAC.

NM24 has more flexibility. It has Tube output as well as SS output for DAC section and it has Tube preamp with one line level input. It's an amazing gear in a single pack at $1500.

I have imported so far 6 numbers 18Bs and given to friends and forum members who wanted it after listening it in my place. Also got one NM24 to a forum member.

All of them tried to upgrade their DACs and could not get near to this within ₹3Lakhs budget. I am not exaggerating here.

Thanks

R. Balagopalan

Thanks.
Interesting. yes, the secret is out :)

Thanks for sharing the experience.

yogibear

Thanks

R. Balagopalan

Thanks.
Out of all models: . 18B, 22A, 22B, 33C and NM24 , which one was most musical to your ears ? Thanks.

kartick

Thanks

R. Balagopalan

Thanks.
Thanks Mr. Balagopalan for sharing your experience. With so many DAC units that you imported in case you would have a spare one to sell (now or sometime in the future), I would be interested. Please do consider me first in line. Very excited to listen to these DACs.

Regards
Kartick

SPONSORED ADS