international shipment release-?

suri

Hi forum members,

when Fedex ships to India, and when one tracks the shipment, what does

"INTERNATIONAL SHIPMENT RELEASE " mean?

does it mean that it has cleared customs and is ready for delivery?:eek:

I am taking a wild guess...If it has already reached Indian port then it could mean that your shipment is undergoing procedure for customs clearance...

Last edited:
i think that is the release to customs ..once rerceived by customs there is a separate status called something like "Customs release"

Hi,

Suri I have no idea or clue bout this as I have never ordered anything from overseas :p!

Am just very curious as to what you've ordered ;) !! if you don't mind please share !

Also one small doubt,last time how you got the scanspeak drivers from madisound (thats who you bought it from right ?) ? was it totally different from present ??

Regards.

Hi,

Suri I have no idea or clue bout this as I have never ordered anything from overseas :p!

Am just very curious as to what you've ordered ;) !! if you don't mind please share !

Also one small doubt,last time how you got the scanspeak drivers from madisound (thats who you bought it from right ?) ? was it totally different from present ??

Regards.
Hi soundsgreat,
the order is for a subwoofer driver (design Seas L26ROY 10" Subwoofer - 4 ohm, and the Recession buster kit by Vifa) (from Madisound)

the last time i got the scanspeaks, my sister got them for me. (yes, from Madisound)

this time she is getting a plate amp (Keiga) which weighs 9 kg. This package was 22 kg., so to avoid troubling her, i asked for direct shipment.

i think i am about to get into trouble at the customs:sad:

These kind of shipments may not be very common. If the customs have some doubt about the consignment they may call you for clarification. You may need to carry print outs of your email communications (even web pages selling them) with the shipper and explain the products to them, and confirm that it's for personal use.

Then they will levy customs duties as per their manual. Here you could again emphasize that these are after all only speakers and duty should be charged accordingly.

Good luck!

If its coming by Fedex, you do not need to worry. they will take care of the release.

You need to pay the Duty to Fedex when they delivery and that would bhe around 30% o the value as long as it is declared above USD100.

it is actaully very easy these days.

If its coming by Fedex, you do not need to worry. they will take care of the release.

You need to pay the Duty to Fedex when they delivery and that would bhe around 30% o the value as long as it is declared above USD100.

Hi arj,
that is very good news, indeed!
thanks
suri:)

Arj - this is quite an eye opener. Can you Please elaborate on the entire procedure as it opens a whole new dimension for me. If this is possible (direct shipment at 30% duty + shipping charges), i can contemplate taking advantage of some deals going on in the US right now for a good subwoofer / floor standing speakers.

Please PM me if i can call you.

thanks
Vaibhav

Arj - this is quite an eye opener. Can you Please elaborate on the entire procedure as it opens a whole new dimension for me. If this is possible (direct shipment at 30% duty + shipping charges), i can contemplate taking advantage of some deals going on in the US right now for a good subwoofer / floor standing speakers.

Please PM me if i can call you.

thanks
Vaibhav

Shipping charges by courier will kill the deal.

Shipping charges by courier will kill the deal.

hi reju,

fedex charged me $144 for the 36 pound package. The component value of the package was $303.

like you say, the courier charges could be quite high for a sub and floorstanders which might weigh in excess of 100 pounds

regards suri

While this is true in most cases, sometimes unusual consignments can attract attention. My advice to Suri is applicable if they (customs) have any doubt.
90% there should be no problem. But it's wrong to assume that because it's Fedex there will be no issue.

Well i will expect the worst (the asst. commissioner of customs at cochin said there could be a penalty in addition to duty) and hope for the best!:)

well 75% of my system is "imported" from US/Japan/EU/Singpore and my epxerince in tha lst few years has been very smooth.

if you are buying from folks who have contracts with logistics carriers you do get a good deal and you get a better deal on heavier shipment...stand to lose max in stuff like cables.

if My Leben Amp could be imported without a fuss..then anything should be OK. it is brands like Sony etc which surprisingly attract "Attention"

hi reju,

fedex charged me $144 for the 36 pound package. The component value of the package was $303.

like you say, the courier charges could be quite high for a sub and floorstanders which might weigh in excess of 100 pounds

regards suri

That's about half the value of shipment.

I have observed that many floor standers are cheap (less than half price) in US as compared to India, whereas bookshelves cost the same. Any idea why this happens?

That's about half the value of shipment.

I have observed that many floor standers are cheap (less than half price) in US as compared to India, whereas bookshelves cost the same. Any idea why this happens?

Only american / canadian products are cheaper in US compared to India. Polk floorstanders lead this pack. In amplifiers - sunfire, parasound, etc are not even available in India but would beat a denon in HT segment hands down as VFM products for HT alone. US is also more of an HT market.

Regd bookshelves being more expensive - in general all british products will be more expensive or about at par with Indian prices. Typical NAD prices / B&W (new ones) in US are higher or at par. This is due to exchange rates ($ to pound) vs (pound to rupee) as well as shipping charges and import duty structure.

Lastly, US is a developed market so finding a pair of great speakers / amplifier in clearance is always possible at much lower prices. It cant be generalized though.

Only american / canadian products are cheaper in US compared to India. Polk floorstanders lead this pack. In amplifiers - sunfire, parasound, etc are not even available in India but would beat a denon in HT segment hands down as VFM products for HT alone. US is also more of an HT market.

Regd bookshelves being more expensive - in general all british products will be more expensive or about at par with Indian prices. Typical NAD prices / B&W (new ones) in US are higher or at par. This is due to exchange rates ($ to pound) vs (pound to rupee) as well as shipping charges and import duty structure.

Lastly, US is a developed market so finding a pair of great speakers / amplifier in clearance is always possible at much lower prices. It cant be generalized though.

What about Polk bookshelves? They are more expensive in US than in India!

What about Polk bookshelves? They are more expensive in US than in India!

where did you see that? :O

btw, if you're comparing a dealer quote here to something seen online that is not on special, its not a fair comparison. Dealer quote can always be beaten (with another quote from US - you'll need to talk to someone there though) ...

where did you see that? :O

btw, if you're comparing a dealer quote here to something seen online that is not on special, its not a fair comparison. Dealer quote can always be beaten (with another quote from US - you'll need to talk to someone there though) ...

Amazon.com: Polk Audio RTI A3 Bookshelf Speakers (Pair, Black): Electronics

Polk RTi A3
Amazon - USD 445.00

Profx - Advanced Audio Solutions
Pro-FX - MRP Rs. 22000.00 (USD 440)
You can get upto 10% discount here.

Get the Award Winning Diamond 12.3 Floorstanding Speakers on Special Offer
Back