Internet Radio - (Windows)

Shivam

Which in your opinion is a good internet radio program ?

I was planning to buy a wi-fi radio like the Sangean WFT-1 or something similar earlier but then thought of using a radio application on my computer. With no help or prior experience, I stumbled on the Screamer radio application through a search engine.

I use Screamer Radio now but it has a limited list of radio stations and that too are not updated. Do you have any suggestions for something better without using a web browser ?

Majority of online radio stations need a browser. Your usage of the term "Internet Radio" assumes a browser connection! Anyway not sure what you listen to but you can try pandora or Jango.

By the way, why dont you want to use a browser?

For your purpose, I would use Sky FM, and save the the channel streams as playlists on your choice of media player.

Make an account there, and configure (going into account settings or something..don't exactly remember) to use a media player istead of flash based browser playback. If i remember correctly, they give you WMP,Winamp,iTunes and Other options. Pick your channels and then assign your favourites.

After that, you MP should automatically pick up the stream (if it is configured as default in Windows) whenever you click on your favourite channels. That's when you can simply make a new playlist and save the channel.

I'm sure there must be other IR services that offer this option.

For excellent sound that won't break the bank, the 5 Star Award Winning Wharfedale Diamond 12.1 Bookshelf Speakers is the one to consider!
Back