interpret speaker specs / data

trapdoor

Hi,

How do we interpret the following data for speakers ?

Is the lowest frequency provided by the speaker 70 Hz or 43 Hz ?
--------------------------------------------------------------

Low-Frequency Extension* 43 Hz (DIN)
Frequency Response: On-Axis
2 dB from 70 Hz - 20 kHz
30 Off-Axis 2 dB from 70 Hz - 15 kHz
----------------------------------------------------------

thanks,
trapdoor

These are from Paradigm Mini Monitors. Considering these as front speakers to match my HK AVR 255 and JBL CSS 10 subwoofer.

The sub has the following :-

Low-Pass Frequency Low-pass crossover setting at processor
Frequency Response 27Hz Low-pass crossover setting at processor

Would this mean that i can set the max freq of the sub at the AVR level to match with my fronts and centers so there is no frequency gap ?

trapdoor

trapdoor

Amazing speakers. I used to own the v2 a while ago and enjoyed every bit of the time I played music through them. I wish I had kept them as they would have been in my study now. One fo the best VFM deals.

These are from Paradigm Mini Monitors. Considering these as front speakers to match my HK AVR 255 and JBL CSS 10 subwoofer.

The sub has the following :-

Low-Pass Frequency Low-pass crossover setting at processor
Frequency Response 27Hz Low-pass crossover setting at processor

Would this mean that i can set the max freq of the sub at the AVR level to match with my fronts and centers so there is no frequency gap ?

trapdoor

trapdoor

Yes.

You should try the range between 35 and 50Hz for a smoother response, if such settings are possible.

Are these sealed speakers?

For bass reflex; it's probably better to crossover around the f3 point (would be a little below 70hz in this case); chances are that there would be a very steep drop off in response (and increase in cone excursion) beyond that point!

cheers

am quoted a price of about Rs 25K for a pair of Mini Monitors.. any idea if any lower prices are possible ?

How are their smaller cousins.. the atom monitors ?

also.. would they sound good if i just kept them on a shelf with about 3 inch space behind them rather than go in for speaker stands.

Else.. i will have to look at front ported speakers for close wall applications

trapdoor

For excellent sound that won't break the bank, the 5 Star Award Winning Wharfedale Diamond 12.1 Bookshelf Speakers is the one to consider!
Back