Intro and hep in puchasing a 5.1 setup

Thanks everyone for the wonderful inputs, it has helped me focus better on what I want and opened up my options.I manged to spend some time today reading reviews and price lists and here is what I have arrived at. Please note I haven't auditioned any of these and the price I have is mostly based on what is listed on respective web-sites. I might get a better deal once I strike a deal.

* Elac B5/C5 - this remains in my list mostly based on positive reviews. I need to have an appropriate sub (BIC or Taga). I might most likely go with a pair of Polk OMW 3 for the rear satellites. However most of the reviews are based on music. Since I will be mostly using the system for movies, should I still consider it?

* Wharfedale 220 and 220C - Reviews on What HiFi is very positive. I need to check the real owners feedback threads to get a better assessment as I feel WhatHiFI are slightly biased towards British manufacturers.

* Q Acoustics 3000 series - Another speaker series with very positivie feedback, but is it over-hyped? Also pricier compared to other models that I have listed

* Wharfedale SX-1SE - As with the 220s I need to check real owners thread.

* BA A26 and A 225C - overall a good set of speakers. Any thoughts?

* Dali Zensor 1/Dali Vokal - Zensor 1 had excellent reviewers, however not so sure about the Vokal. Any inputs?

* Polk RTi A3 - mixed reviews and over-sized for my room size

* Polk TL-1600 5.1 - This is a 5.1 package, seems to meet all my needs.

* Another speaker which really quote my attention was the Cambrdige Audio Aero 2. However I couldn't find a quote for price and was not sure what is their offering for a centre channel. Any pointers?

I might most likely go with a pair of Polk OMW 3 for the rear satellites. However most of the reviews are based on music. Since I will be mostly using the system for movies, should I still consider it?

Since most of your usage will be movies & gaming, consider 5/6/7 identical satellite speaker, something like OWM 3/5 depending on the AVR you pick..

Hi all, sorry for the long delay. I was busy relocating to a new house. So here is an update from my side.

I visited Modern World, Bangalore last week and auditioned the Elac B5s first. I loved the tight bass and clean sound, however the size and bass left me wondering whether it will be on overkill for my room size. I wanted to checkout Q Acoustics 3010, but they didn't have it on stock. They said they will arrange for it and call me.

Two days back I received the call from MW. Went the next day itself and audiotomed the QAs. Bass was noticeably lesser, but I loved how they sound. An hour later I was made the payment and brought them home :)
QA 3010 for the fronts and QA 3090c powered by Denon AVR X540 BT.

Currently breaking in the speakers. I have wall mounted them with QA brackets (quite expensive, 5600 a pair)

Next on the shopping list is a matching sub. I decided to ditch 12" and go for a 10" sub. Currently considering the Yamaha YST-SW216 and the Polk PS110. Any suggestions on where I can find the Yamaha sub in Bangalore? HTstore don't have them in stock.

Once again, thank to everyone who have their valuable inputs that helped in the purchase.

Cheers!

Sent from my ONEPLUS A5000 using Tapatalk

Hi Sanish,

How are QA speakers? How much you paid? I thought of buying Taga harmony se package. Other folks suggested to go with bookshelf speakers as my room (14X10) is small. I am considering dali zensor 1 or QA 3010 and QA center with BIC Pl 200.

Have u bought sub?

Back