Inverter/UPS Suggest for Gaming/Entertainment unit

creative420

I've moved to a new society where we do have a power-generator, but every time the power goes off and comes back on, which is about 2-3 times a day, it trips for about 2 seconds.

I've lost n number of games online when this happens. Many shots or moves that I missed when watching sports on TV. Or maybe just when I'm about to defuse the C4 in CS:GO (which I play on my laptop so no power issues there except internet connectivity). And I think I've had just about enough of it.

Can you guys suggest me a UPS/Inverter, an affordable one, which can take care of this? The devices that it should take care of is a 40inch LED TV, a PS4, wifi router, Tata Sky set top box and a 2.1 multimedia speakers. I just don't want to miss out on even a nano-second of power failure when it comes to gaming or general entertainment. But mostly gaming.

I had one APC UPS for my PC about 4-5 years ago and it outlasted the PC, but it's completely defunct now. So I'm comfortable with APC brands. Or whatever you guys can suggest.

Just remember the two As - Awesome & Affordable.

TIA.

APC is one of the best out there. you can go wrong with that. if its within your budget you should take a model that meets your specifications. the best will be one with pure sine wave output, but for your usage modified sine wave will do as well.

I've had Luminous at home (India) for a long time... never had any issues. 2 KVA and handles a ton of stuff like TV, lights, fans, PC, internet, router + Wi-Fi, etc. Never trips up, not even for 1 sec, everything is seamless 100% of the time. Cost me around 18K or thereabouts.

I stopped using APC since I got it. While APC is good, its limited to PC, monitor, and maybe router and does not last beyond 15-20 mins. While that may suit your needs, the APC still cost me 7-8K and for a little more you can go with a lesser model of Luminous (or any other home UPS brand) and get support for a lot more devices and also backup for when the society's power generator goes down.

I've had Luminous at home (India) for a long time... never had any issues. 2 KVA and handles a ton of stuff like TV, lights, fans, PC, internet, router + Wi-Fi, etc. Never trips up, not even for 1 sec, everything is seamless 100% of the time. Cost me around 18K or thereabouts.

I stopped using APC since I got it. While APC is good, its limited to PC, monitor, and maybe router and does not last beyond 15-20 mins. While that may suit your needs, the APC still cost me 7-8K and for a little more you can go with a lesser model of Luminous (or any other home UPS brand) and get support for a lot more devices and also backup for when the society's power generator goes down.

That's great. But 18K is a lot for me. Is there a cheaper model for the number of items I suggested in my original post?

APC is one of the best out there. you can go wrong with that. if its within your budget you should take a model that meets your specifications. the best will be one with pure sine wave output, but for your usage modified sine wave will do as well.

Can you suggest a model with link on one of the ecom websites?

Best bet for you would be APC Home UPSA 850VA Pure sinewave
Will be in 5K range + Battery of your choice.

While APC is good, its limited to PC, monitor, and maybe router and does not last beyond 15-20 mins. While that may suit your needs, the APC still cost me 7-8K and for a little more you can go with a lesser model of Luminous (or any other home UPS brand) and get support for a lot more devices and also backup for when the society's power generator goes down.

Can not agree with you on this. APC has home UPS with 850VA, 1500VA etc.
This provides back up for entire home.
APC Home UPS, 850VA, Sine Wave Output|APC
What you mentioned is probably APC's UPS for PC.

+1 to sunilkm. if you dont want to spend that much you can go for a modified sinewave model. luminous should be good as well. you dont have to think too much here. as long as its a good brand and meets the power specs, it will work well

Can not agree with you on this. APC has home UPS with 850VA, 1500VA etc.
This provides back up for entire home.
APC Home UPS, 850VA, Sine Wave Output|APC
What you mentioned is probably APC's UPS for PC.

I meant APC for PC, since that's the OP's requirement and the recommendation for a home UPS from the likes of Luminous as it also works great for the PC + lots of other equipment and only costs a little more.

I'd think the APC Home UPS would cost a lot more than the 15K to 20K from the likes of Luminous and Su-kam, at least for 2 KVA.

If APC costs on par then I stand corrected.

Have used APC BackUPS Pro 1KVA on Projector, AVR, and BDP - no problems (Price 7K)

Using Mercury 500VA on BDP, Tatasky HD+, Apple TV - No problems (3K)

Using Intex 1KVA on Gaming PC + Samsung 30" Monitor - No problems (4.5K)

Using Luminous Sine Wave Inverter for Lights, Fan, Wi-Fi Router - No Problems (14-15K including two big Batteries)

Hi Sunil,

Sorry to bother again. What kind of battery should I be looking at and up to what budget? Again, a link would help. :D

Hi,

I understand from your query that you don't need much back up from the UPS and generator provides the backup. Since it is only for switch over you can go lower rating battery ( 60Ah -80Ah if available) Check from Luminous, Amaron etc. Recently when I checked in a store found all in 120Ah and above.
The battery is much expensive than UPS!

Hi guys,

I have a gaming PC too and i had a big problem in buying a inverter for it. I currently own a Luminous 850va inverter. I wanted to Support my PC during power cuts. But the 850va did not support my PC. So the technician brought the 1000Kv inverter and tried, it still did not support. So he brought the 1.5Kva inverter and tried and still it did not work. We tried connecting the PC directly to the inverter and still it failed. Therefore i came to a conclusion that inverters wont work with gaming PC and settled for the 850 va inverter. The inverter supports other home appliances like fan, light, TV etc. It just happened that I came across this forum and i think you guys could help me.

Inverter Specs: Luminous EcoVolt850Va/ Tried Ecovolt 1000Kva&1500Kva.

Gaming PC Specs:

PSU: Coolermaster 650W.
Memory: 16Gb
GPU: MSI 970GTX.
HDD: 1 TB.

Thanks in Advance.

Join WhatsApp group to get HiFiMART.com Offers & Deals delivered to your smartphone!
Back