Ipad Air - unboxing & first impressions

canchi

Hi All,
Bought the new iPad Air last week through a friend in the US and he carried it through to Bangalore for me today.
The Damages - $499 + $ 39 for the cover ( x 62.4 INR) 16gb, wifi only
First Impressions -
It is light, doesn't feel heavy when held in in one hand. Smaller overall size, but screen size is the same at 9.7
Pics/videos are brilliant
Sound is about as good as is possible ( clean , no harshness, obviously not much bass) from those speakers, with 320kbps mp3 files, have to change flac files to elac and test further.
Internet - Webpage loading is blazing fast, much faster than my dell pc connected directly to the modem. The ipad sources the net through wifi at home and through my iphone bsnl 3g connection outside!
Internet browsing on the ipad is more stable through Bluetooth than wifi when connected to my iphone 5.
More later.
Cheers!

Here are the first unboxing images -
canchi-albums-ipad-air-picture563-img-0464.jpg

canchi-albums-ipad-air-picture564-img-0465.jpg

canchi-albums-ipad-air-picture565-img-0466.jpg

canchi-albums-ipad-air-picture566-img-0468.jpg

canchi-albums-ipad-air-picture567-img-0469.jpg

Congrats on the purchase. I thought about getting one too but my 3rd gen is still doing the fine enough and I'm more tempted to spend on the 5s instead this time. Hopefully reliance's coverage doesn't suck too much at my home and office.

India launch date ?
Seems like first week of December acc of this report Apple to launch iPad Air, iPad mini with Retina Display in India on December 6 instead of November 29 | News & Video Reviews of Gadgets at BGR India

Which sounds about right as pretty much all non-iphone apple products show up in India in appx a month of their US launch. iPhones are the ones you never know. Could be here in a month (like the current 5s/5c) and could take over half a year (like the 4s).

Thanks all.
Interesting that the above link provided by Mr Singhal, says that the iPad Air should sell for 35.9k (16gb, wifi only) in India, about 4k more than the $499 price in the US. I always feel that Apple could price its products better in India to entice the desi customer .........
Cheers!

$499 is the price in US before taxes and pretty sure the suggested Indian price includes taxes (sort of like MRP). I've bought a few apple products in india and on average it was never more than 5-7% more than the prices on apple's US site. iPhones might be a different story though. No experience there so far.

Assuming the prices include sales tax, the new iPads seem pretty reasonably priced compared to US. You'll most probably be able to get these at a discount of 2-5% too if there's no supply constraints (highly doubtful for Indian market since most people here opt for cheaper android tablets instead of iPads).

Am considering getting a 128gb wifi retina Mini to replace my 3rd gen iPad. Anyone know where to find best deal for one in delhi?

Get the Wharfedale EVO 4.2 3-Way Standmount Speakers at a Special Offer Price.
Back