ipad air2 to denon receiver

Hi,
I'm not 100% sure, but if i'm not wrong, you need an Apple TV connected to AV receiver for dolby atmos music.
For Hi-res audio, you need some external DAC connected to the adapter. Never tried with iPad, but with iPhone it's definitely the case.

Hi,
I'm not 100% sure, but if i'm not wrong, you need an Apple TV connected to AV receiver for dolby atmos music.
For Hi-res audio, you need some external DAC connected to the adapter. Never tried with iPad, but with iPhone it's definitely the case.
thanks for your feedback

i am considering apple tv but it also samples up intul 24/48 and that's the maximum, so no 24/192 :-(

whick external dac would you consider?

thanks for your feedback

i am considering apple tv but it also samples up intul 24/48 and that's the maximum, so no 24/192 :-(

whick external dac would you consider?
I used AudioQuest DragonFly Red for sometime, but sold it. It's a decent USB DAC, but resolution maxs at 24/96.
I'm currently using Wiim Pro streamer for convinience sake as my processor doesn't support Airplay or any streaming apps.

I know only two streamers which support native apple music playback without Airplay. Eversolo DMP-A6 and Fiio R7.

I had used Denon X4500h for a couple of years and if I remember correctly, Audyssey downsamples anything above 48kHz to 48kHz.
If you turn-off Audyssey, maybe it passes 192kHz, but not sure. Frankly, I could never differentiate sound quality between 48kHz and 96kHz, although I could differntiate a 44.1kHz sound between an apple music and Qobuz for example.
So, I don't think you should stress so much on 24/192 numbers. Just my opinion.

Hope it helps :)

A beautiful, well-constructed speaker with class-leading soundstage, imaging and bass that is fast, deep, and precise.
Back