Ipod connector cable

sridhar-v

Are there any 2 din av head units with ipod connector cables that can get a direct digital signal from the ipod?

The alpine idxa series have built in 24 bit d/a convertors. "http://www.alpine-usa.com/product/view/ida-x303/". The literature says the usb cable transfers the files digitally & conversion is done using the unit's D/A setup.

I plan to check out this unit or equivalent at the pune dealer. How can one confirm if the ipod's d/a is being bypassed & the head unit's d/a is being used?

If you are planning to bypass the dac via a cable then you are out of luck. The only component that I have seen that supposedly bypasses this is the Wadia docking station. But this is done via the firmware.

Are there any 2 din av head units with ipod connector cables that can get a direct digital signal from the ipod?

The alpine idxa series have built in 24 bit d/a convertors. "http://www.alpine-usa.com/product/view/ida-x303/". The literature says the usb cable transfers the files digitally & conversion is done using the unit's D/A setup.

I plan to check out this unit or equivalent at the pune dealer. How can one confirm if the ipod's d/a is being bypassed & the head unit's d/a is being used?

as mars said,bypassing the dac is gonna be nigh impossible AFAIK.Fiio makes a cable for connecting the ipod to aux in of the HU.probably is the best best as its a direct line out from the ipod.do check amarbir's product line for more info(for sale by dealer thread).u have a good HU,play cds/mp3(they will be routed thru the players dac),and use the ipod(with lossless files) thru the aux in,should be good.cheers

The only way to get digital audio out of an iPod is to use it as a plain hard disk. That's what most of iPod docks like the one by Onkyo do. You can not have the iPod decode the mp3 and pass it as SPDIF through the iPod connector.

So if I connect the ipod via usb I am accessing it as a hard disk. Then the head unit must have software to understand & play the stored playlists. Let me try this during my audition.

Will keep you all updated.

Today I got an iPod connector cable which has RCA connectors + USB connector.
I haven't tested the cables yet but I think I can listen to music while the iPod is charging via the USB port. Got it from Heera Panna in Mumbai for 350 bucks. I think it is a fair price for the functionality it provides.

Last edited:
Today I got an iPod connector cable which has RCA connectors + USB connector.
I haven't tested the cables yet but I think I can listen to music while the iPod is charging via the USB port. Got it from Heera Panna in Mumbai for 350 bucks. I think it is a fair price for the functionality it provides.

you bought it with composite connector.was with componant connector cable available??

you bought it with composite connector.was with componant connector cable available??

I really have a doubt that the component RYB connector cable will be available with them. The problem is that the shopkeepers at Heera Panna are totally non technical people and they don't have any idea about what they are selling. You have to keep on explaining to them how the cable looks and all and even after that they replied in negative. But I myself dug around the store and finally got my stuff in one of their drawers :clapping:

I saw it on Lamington Road ,but long back?
Anyway asked in another forum too ,it gives SPDIF out??

@sudhishkv , sir , if your Car audio system supports "Ipod Ready" just connect use the iphone/ Ipod charging cable and try it. I am using my iphone 3g with deh 3520 , excellent audio, playslist and tracks can be controlled by car system remote, dont waste your money on expensive cable, u can get this chargin cable for Rs100/- at Heera Panna, mumbai

I need this cable, searching for it. May be i should be able to find it at SP Road.

Attachments

• cdi200.jpg
    cdi200.jpg
    12 KB · Views: 11
Wharfedale Linton Heritage Speakers in Red Mahogany finish at a Special Offer Price. BUY now before the price increase.
Back