iPod dock connector plug

Received this today. Plugged it in - the iPod line-out sound is a BIG improvement on the headphone out I used to use previously. Get this guys. You won't regret it. Now for some custom interconnects :eek:hyeah:

Inside it

I managed to prise it open. The connections to the pins are wired via a PCB. I kept the L, R & Gnd connections and severed the video out connection cause I don't need it.
Strange thing is the PCB has an IC on it. No indentifier. Also has some SMD's. Anyone know what these would be for?

lode.jpg

Thanks! Please keep me posted when he responds.

I went to Lamington Rd. today and tried unsuccessfully to get the plug. There was 1 guy selling a cable with the connector at one end and a wall wart at the other. He said I could have it for 50 bucks. The connector looked like it could be split apart by just prising it but I wasn't sure if it would have all the pins inside. For all you know the manufacturers may have just exposed the power pins which would be logical given the use of the particular cable. After coming home I was kicking myself for not buying it. It was just Rs.50 after all. Stingy me! :eek:

You can check out at Staples. They have the iPod connector cable with RCA and SPDIF plugs to output audio and video from the iPod line out. But the deterrent factor is price. Steeply priced at 1200/-:mad:

You can check out at Staples. They have the iPod connector cable with RCA and SPDIF plugs to output audio and video from the iPod line out. But the deterrent factor is price. Steeply priced at 1200/-:mad:

The iPod connector cable with RCA and SPDIF plugs was quoted for Rs.300 on the streets of Lamington Road and at a shop selling iPod's in the same area the guy quoted Rs.600 because it seems it was an HCL [??] cable.

Re: Inside it

Strange thing is the PCB has an IC on it. No indentifier. Also has some SMD's. Anyone know what these would be for?
Just taking a guess... they could be for auto detection and interface communication.

By the way is line out bypassing all the SMD's and IC ? Just curious :)

The iPod connector cable with RCA and SPDIF plugs was quoted for Rs.300 on the streets of Lamington Road and at a shop selling iPod's in the same area the guy quoted Rs.600 because it seems it was an HCL [??] cable.

SPDIF ...Digital out ? are you kidding...Wadia and Onkyo killer?

Today I bought an iPod connector from Heera Panna in Mumbai. Got it for 350/- bucks. It has RCA cable and a USB connector. The iPod can be used while being charged. This makes it an instant hit for me at this price point.

Wharfedale Linton Heritage Speakers in Walnut finish at a Special Offer Price. BUY now before the price increase.
Back