Ipod Dock Station Opinion

sgmane,

I am not clear on your requirements for the dock. If you're planning to buy the A2, it's a powered speaker with inputs to connect the iPod to. So why the dock?
If you're watching video, it's much better to get a cheap DVD player (anywhere from 2K-5K) with USB input for your USB movie storage than spending money on the dock. In both cases, I don't see why the dock is needed at all. Could you please clarify, in case I'm missing something?

DVD player will play fom Ipod - audio & video?

No,
A2 will play audio from iPod. If he has movies stored that are in common format, he can put them on USB from which DVD player can play onto TV. In any case, converting movies to the format that the iPod requires is a process in itself. He can convert any existing movies to common formats (avi, divx,...) that are recognised by most DVD players with USB.

I''m suggesting this only because sgmane intends to buy an A2 powered speaker sometime in the future. In that case, a dock serves no purpose, from my perspective.

ihome-ip1-press-005.jpg

iP1 Studio Series Audio System iPhone/iPod from iHome. Here is a detailed review of the same. Amazon has the listing.

Sorry for reviving an old thread. This is the most relevant thread about my question.

I am looking to buy a remote control for my iPod classic. My basic requirements are:

1. Should have line-out from the part which connects to the bottom of the iPod or from the docking station.

2. Remote control which has a decent range, about 15-20 feet.

3. Don't need video out etc. Just the line-out for audio.

4. Cheap :)

I have searched a lot and even found some which match my requirements but those are way too costly. And in the cheaper ones, the remote control's range is only 3-4 feet.My budget is maximum 1000/-. Please let me know if you know of something which would suit my requirements. Thanks!!

Sorry for reviving an old thread. This is the most relevant thread about my question.

I am looking to buy a remote control for my iPod classic. My basic requirements are:

1. Should have line-out from the part which connects to the bottom of the iPod or from the docking station.

2. Remote control which has a decent range, about 15-20 feet.

3. Don't need video out etc. Just the line-out for audio.

4. Cheap :)

I have searched a lot and even found some which match my requirements but those are way too costly. And in the cheaper ones, the remote control's range is only 3-4 feet.My budget is maximum 1000/-. Please let me know if you know of something which would suit my requirements. Thanks!!

With a budget of 1000/-, it is quite unlikely that you will get a dock with a remote. If you are looking out for a real cheapo makeshift arrangement, go for a iPod connector cable. You will get one in as low as 250 bucks. You will get RCA cable out with USB plug which can be used to charge your pod while you are enjoying the music, only sans the remote.

With a budget of 1000/-, it is quite unlikely that you will get a dock with a remote. If you are looking out for a real cheapo makeshift arrangement, go for a iPod connector cable. You will get one in as low as 250 bucks. You will get RCA cable out with USB plug which can be used to charge your pod while you are enjoying the music, only sans the remote.

I have all the accessories like a regular dock etc. I just don't want to get up again and again to change the song. Hence the need for a remote. Any idea which is the cheapest thing which can serve my purpose?

Any one own the Onkyo DS-A3 ipod dock?
Or need information on the same.

I got this from my friend and see that it has the US adaptor with it. It has the US plug point (2 flat pin - http://milkyourmoney.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/04/plug.jpg picture shown is 3 pin, but i have the bottom ie., 2 pin) and i see the sticker on the adapter mentions input as 100-240V. Can i use this? Or should i need to buy a converter? If so, what converter, price?
I will plug this to the Belkin 6 way surge protector which i understand accepts both US and Indian plug points.

What i plan to use:
Ipod dock
Ipod Nano 4G
A2 (Audio Engine)

Shall i go ahead with this setup (use of the US adapter) without burning my stuff? Or do provide inputs.
Thanks

Last edited:
As the adapter label reads as " input as 100-240V", i think i can go ahead and use the same without need of converter. Right? And i can plug in the same to the Belkin 6 way surge protector. Please do confirm.
(When i called up onkyo india - they informed i need to have a converter. Is it?)

you get ..I got one on Lam Road for rs 800 ,but it was not compatible with Gen 5 and toucjh

I think there is one HCL dock for 1500 see if price reduced..

you get ..I got one on Lam Road for rs 800 ,but it was not compatible with Gen 5 and toucjh

I think there is one HCL dock for 1500 see if price reduced..
I have currently the DS-A3 from my friend, and would like to use it for some time (probably will keep - based on his decision whether he needs back or not).
I would only like to know, if i can use this adapter 100-240V as labled on it without any converter? Or should i need to buy one, if so howmuch?

As the adapter label reads as " input as 100-240V", i think i can go ahead and use the same without need of converter. Right? And i can plug in the same to the Belkin 6 way surge protector. Please do confirm.
(When i called up onkyo india - they informed i need to have a converter. Is it?)

First search if there is a 110/220 V selector switch. If it has a switch then you have to select it for the right voltage ie. 220 V. Other appliances like WD Live can be directly plugged into a 110 or 220 V socket and it will work fine.

Recently I purchased the LENCO SCDI-01 ipod docking station/mp3 player/cd player. This has got an AUX A/V output with RCA jacks and an AUX input with a 3.5 mm socket. I hooked up the AUX output to an old SONY integrated amplifier and the ipod output was very good. Unfortunately the AUX output doesn't work with any other input other than ipod input. If I want use a USB memory stick or CD player, the output is limited to the boom box's tiny speakers. As the output is working for the ipod, can the circuit be modified to include the other inputs like the USB memory stick or the CD player also? I would appreciate an answer from the DIY enthusiasts of the forum.

Thanks

Hi Please advice on the best ipod docking stations available in india, My price Range is 10k to 15 k. Appreciate all the help in choosing the right one.

Get the Award Winning Diamond 12.3 Floorstanding Speakers on Special Offer
Back