Ipod recognised conversion freeware

sgmane

Hi Folks,

Iam looking at some freeware software that does conversion of video
so that i can play my ipod videos.

When i tried to upload a video clip (which i can play with wmp or vlc), it does not get uploaded to the ipod. (Even though i checked the file-Open-Add file to library (under Movies), at the first instance it does not even get into the itunes library). First i need to get it into itunes library and then sync to my ipod, if iam right!

I did see the following from the apple site:

iPod can play the following video formats:

H.264
File formats: .m4v, .mp4, and .mov
Video: Up to 768 kbits/sec, 320 x 240, 30 frames per second (fps), Baseline Profile up to Level 1.3.
Audio: AAC-LC up to 160 kbits/sec, 48 Khz, and stereo audio.
MPEG-4
File formats: .m4v, .mp4, and .mov
Video: Up to 2.5 Mbits/sec, 480 x 480, 30 fps, Simple Profile.
Audio: AAC-LC up to 160 kbits/sec, 48 Khz, stereo audio.

Can anyone point me the direction to download, conversion of wma, dat, other formats to apple recognised formats so that i can play my video files.

My ipod is with latest update of 8.2v

Ipod 4G 4Gen

Or any other way is possible?

Thanks for your time.

Good! Thanks very much. I could now play a video successfully on ipod.
I did download from the link you had provided.

Glad I could help. I've use Nokia phones a lot. Need similar video conversion tools to watch movies on the Symbian OS too.

Hi,
Why dont you try Nero? You could convert the file(s) to Nero digital with the simple quick time compatible profile and that works for ipods.

Nero has also quite some other benefits such as conversion to avchd, MP3 and other audio/video formats, editing etc.

Would be a worth buy.

Thanks,

Nitin.

A beautiful, well-constructed speaker with class-leading soundstage, imaging and bass that is fast, deep, and precise.
Back