Is 4K worth it in 2021

Tested these 5 years back - there is sufficient lag in the mouse - more evident when gaming.
I guess that will pull up other questions on mouse polling (Logitech G9 ) - that is set at 1000 ,DPI changes on the fly as needed.
( besides using G602 )
We're going off-topic here regarding mouse latency, but not sure about that. My mouse works excellently for 4k and no difference from 1080p, but I'm using an RTX 2070 super so probably helps with rendering at 4k. There's some other bottleneck on your system which was causing that.

If this was a significant problem for 4k, it would be widely known and no gamer would buy 4k monitors. Anyway, I guess let's just leave it at that. I personally find 4k significantly sharper than 1080p and don't see any downside at least on my system.

Tbh in this day and age they are trying hard to sell 8k TVs which are still not popular among the masses as the content is not ripe yet. 4k has been in the vogue for a good half decade now and with 8k in the horizon, not many would regret having bought a 4k TV but you may regret buying an outlier FHD TV when the transition to 8k is through. Australia and Singapore have had breakthroughs in wireless internet high clock speeds. They claim 8k content can easily be transmitted at a research and development grade equipment. Soon those things will become a reality and a commercially viable commodity. People have sent rockets(voyager 1,2) to interstellar space that has crossed the solar system and is hurling around as free projectile out of Sun's clutches. If that's possible, you can't rule out 8k technology in short order. So please don't be in denial and subscribe to the current 4k technology.
actually .. I too was really pumped up to subscribe to the 4k .... but initial auditions made me slow down.. actually not just me .. my 11 yr old too wasn't happy with what he saw.. ! Hopefully further auditions and inputs here will convince me to see the better side of it.. lets see :)

actually .. I too was really pumped up to subscribe to the 4k .... but initial auditions made me slow down.. actually not just me .. my 11 yr old too wasn't happy with what he saw.. ! Hopefully further auditions and inputs here will convince me to see the better side of it.. lets see :)
I have two eleven year olds Ashwin and Ashwath (twins). They enjoy playing PS4 games and in 4k it is very good and the same console played in a 1080 p would be less than desirable. Edit: Sorry my point is for the kiddies it is even better actually.

My opinon: 4K is not really for the Film or TV series content. It is more a requirement (not a gummick) for demo/ scenic /vlog content such as millions of travel videos on youtube or your own Go pro like devices that are shot with 4k cameras and looks fantastic on Youtube / HDD /USB. This may not seem much but trust me its worth it. After a stresful day, watching an scenic video in 4K Sharpness with HDR dynamic colors really is a stress buster. Sure Streaming services have more than enough 4K Dolby vision content these days and someof them really shine through. But as far as storytelling / engaging the audience is concerned, for 90%if them it would make no difference if they were watched in Full HD.

My opinon: 4K is not really for the Film or TV series content. It is more a requirement (not a gummick) for demo/ scenic /vlog content such as millions of travel videos on youtube or your own Go pro like devices that are shot with 4k cameras and looks fantastic on Youtube / HDD /USB. This may not seem much but trust me its worth it. After a stresful day, watching an scenic video in 4K Sharpness with HDR dynamic colors really is a stress buster. Sure Streaming services have more than enough 4K Dolby vision content these days and someof them really shine through. But as far as storytelling / engaging the audience is concerned, for 90%if them it would make no difference if they were watched in Full HD.
I can sure imagine that :) thank you for the response.

Order your Rega Turntables & Amplifiers from HiFiMART.com - India's reputed online dealer.
Back