Is DIY amplifier worthwhile

The posted ebay supply has the same standard positive and negative rail design as given by the schematic in the previous post. Just change the elna filter capacitors to about 50V ones if you are using higher voltage otherwise they can explode!

I am in making of custom PCB for this. This will be for the preamp we are designing in other thread to include +15, 0, -15 and +24,0 volts regulated supply for PASS B1, CNC phono and LDR volume control.

Yes I am also in the group buy list. Though I like etching PCBs one with green masking is always welcome/

I suggest while building PSUs use ULtra Fast recovery diodes MUR(..??) series just 8/- each .. for smaller currents i have seen usin BYV27-100,0.1uF film bypass across electrolytes

I suggest while building PSUs use ULtra Fast recovery diodes MUR(..??) series just 8/- each .. for smaller currents i have seen usin BYV27-100,0.1uF film bypass across electrolytes

Thanks. Sure! why not? I am looking from all aspects. Already added those 0.1uF, provision for L-C-L filter in output. So 50Hz ripple, HF noise are taken care.

I am in making of custom PCB for this. This will be for the preamp we are designing in other thread to include +15, 0, -15 and +24,0 volts regulated supply for PASS B1, CNC phono and LDR volume control.

What will be the approximate cost?
Thanks.

What will be the approximate cost?
Thanks.

So far with parts + PCB it should be approx. 600-750Rs.
Costly items are 5 X 4700uF,50V caps, 1 X PCB (3" X 4") itself and 2 X LM317 Reg + 1 X LM337 Regulator with few sundry parts.

Great. I think I'll need one. Check
burnt.jpg
I don't want to try with a universal PCB now.

Have you tested it?
Thanks.
Rajesh.
So far with parts + PCB it should be approx. 600-750Rs.
Costly items are 5 X 4700uF,50V caps, 1 X PCB (3" X 4") itself and 2 X LM317 Reg + 1 X LM337 Regulator with few sundry parts.

...I made some amps .. the tripath 25+25w one was easiest and i use with pc DAC to MS Carnival speakers , I like it very much :)..I had YAMAHA AVR but this one is way better.

Hi Kaushik,

How long did it take you to source the parts and to assemble it? Total cost? Your opinion of its sound qualities and capabilities?

Regards.

Have you tested it?
I tested on perf board. But that is added some Coils is output stage for low noise operation which restricts its use for preamp only 20mA through coils. So only B1 and CNC are use case here. For higher currents, you need to exclude inductors by replacing jumpers.

IMO For power amp you need not use regulated PS. These chips have high PS ripple rejection.

I didn't understand. Have you already built it or plan to build it? If you have already built it, please post some photos.
I tested on perf board. But that is added some Coils is output stage for low noise operation which restricts its use for preamp only 20mA through coils. So only B1 and CNC are use case here. For higher currents, you need to exclude inductors by replacing jumpers.

IMO For power amp you need not use regulated PS. These chips have high PS ripple rejection.

I didn't understand. Have you already built it or plan to build it? If you have already built it, please post some photos.

Sure! But that's inside the tuner now. I need to open it and that will be going to happen when I will be replacing EI trafo with R-core. Within that time PS from current group buy itself will be available. So I can post picture with this illustration with that only. Is that okay.

I feel you did not understand the inductor part. That means - if you want use this power supply for other than these intended purpose (CNC+B1) then short the inductor leads by wire. (Inductor can conduct only small current for preamp though it filters noise.)

Sure! But that's inside the tuner now. I need to open it and that will be going to happen when I will be replacing EI trafo with R-core. Within that time PS from current group buy itself will be available. So I can post picture with this illustration with that only. Is that okay.

I feel you did not understand the inductor part. That means - if you want use this power supply for other than these intended purpose (CNC+B1) then short the inductor leads by wire. (Inductor can conduct only small current for preamp though it filters noise.)

Here is the board which I built a year back, currently installed inside my AM/FM tuner.
tunerps.jpg

Here is the same circuit with more filtration added after rectifier.

More Info

This another thread.

Buy from India's official online dealer!
Back