Is it worth getting a 40A650 now?

Imrahn

Have been hunting a lot around for the 40B650, which i failed to even see a demo piece.But a store called up and said they can deliver a 40A650(the last year model to 40B650).

So, is it worth going for it since its almost sure that i won't be finding a 40B650 anymore.....or should i get a 46B550 for the price?

Thanx in advance for any sorta help

Regards

Have been hunting a lot around for the 40B650, which i failed to even see a demo piece.But a store called up and said they can deliver a 40A650(the last year model to 40B650).

So, is it worth going for it since its almost sure that i won't be finding a 40B650 anymore.....or should i get a 46B550 for the price?

Thanx in advance for any sorta help

Regards

Probably you should wait two months for 40C650.. :eek:hyeah:

^^lol, i sold my T260 monitor in hopes of purchasing the TV around Christmas time and has been on a 15" CRT ever since. 2 more months on that? No way :D:D

its already 2010 & getting a 08 model now is a complete waste,its inferior to the b650 in both panel & image processing.

my advice to potential buyers who are upgrading to a bigger size tv is to wait for 2010 models.which are just round the corner will hit indian shores around march ,officially by april.

Am very sceptical on the pricing of these newer models as most are LED ones.and am on a 15" CRT as of now,wouldn't have sold my monitor if i knew something like this would happen.

So, if i am not in a situation to wait for another 2 months on the 15" CRT, which of the above is best suited u think?

If you are talking about the Samsung - this seems to be a familiar complaint - take the money and then do not deliver! I had to wait for almost 2 months and only when I raised a stink -did I get an alternate set.

They seems to recycle the older models - like when I booked the series 5- it turned up as the series 6 -model 610 A or something on those lines- costing 25/30K more the only diff in specs being the colour of the cabinet....but the 46" series 5 I had ordered was always " coming soon" - finally I settled for the 40" 650A - at a good 20K more.

Last edited:
^^lol, i sold my T260 monitor in hopes of purchasing the TV around Christmas time and has been on a 15" CRT ever since. 2 more months on that? No way :D:D

Don't get anything with an 'A' in it..
2007 - 2008 had a lot of innovation which went into the TVs..

I would assume an 40A650 model is almost same or inferior to 40B550 model..

Given your options above, get the 46B550 or even the 40B550 and save some bucks.

Thanx mates.....but the only Sony within budget and close in performance, the 40W550, is now somewhat withdrawn as well, owing to newer model launch it seems.

^^thats great buddy :D Thanx alot....will check with him right now.btw, i can claim warranty locally na?

Yes.. Samsung has all india warranty..
But the seller will not stamp the warranty card as he sends sealer box and the warranty card is inside the box..

You have two options,
1) Ask him to open the box and stamp the warranty card or
2) Get the item shipped sealed, open it and courier the warranty card back and get it stamped and returned back.

I would prefer the second.. You sync up through phone before you purchase..

Sure , will do that buddy..... currently, negotiating on the price a bit :D Seems i will go with the 46" rather than 40" one if i can muster the moolah fast,.

Regards and thanx a lot for the help u provided.

Regards

Imrahn

For excellent sound that won't break the bank, the 5 Star Award Winning Wharfedale Diamond 12.1 Bookshelf Speakers is the one to consider!
Back