Is media player the answer?

varunsareen

I have a LED LG TV with one usb and 3 hdmi ports. I have 2 2TB/ 1TB hdds with media in it that i'd like to have access to on my TV at all times.
So basically i am looking for a solution where i can connect both my USB HDDs to the TV.
Is media player the answer?
If yes, which is the cheapest that i can use?
And which port on my TV will it occupy?
I wouldnt mind if it also had a network port to connect to my wifi router.

Hi

For your requirements Asus O Play mini is perfect.....but it doesn't have any network capabilities.

my 2 cents

Hi

For your requirements Asus O Play mini is perfect.....but it doesn't have any network capabilities.

my 2 cents

Thank Bobby, but this player has just one USB port and i have 2 hdd's to connect. Will the USB extender/ adaptor work on it for both my hdd's to connect?

Thank Bobby, but this player has just one USB port and i have 2 hdd's to connect. Will the USB extender/ adaptor work on it for both my hdd's to connect?

I have connected using a 3 port USB hub with 2 HDD but unfortunately the Asus O! Play does not recognise any. I have not tried with a powered hub but I think it may also not support reading 2 external HDD using a hub.

Instead of going for the media player, go for Raspberry PI. In the past, I have used Asus O Play mini but remote stop working after 3 years. Like you, I was also searching for the cheap solution with the Network and my search ended with this product. Installed kodi on that and get access to lots of online stuff...

Buy the HP mini PC and connect the hard disks to it.
Connect the HDMI from PC to TV.
If I remember correct, the PC has a HDMI out.

As I am using one so can suggest Amkette evo tv mc. Android - audio passthrough - 1080p - wifi - 3 USB port and SD slot - pre installed XBMC. Almost lag free in 1080p with wifi, but sometimes it buffers. With wired connection virtually no lag. Priced around 5.5k. I connect two 1tb HDD without any problem.

Back