Is Saregama music player compatible with HDMI or optical?

yes, if it has an aux input.
Had thought of this since most CD shops have dried up. Then thought Carvaans may have songs that I do not want, that too in MP3. So when in India last year, purchased the songs from Saregama I want and all in .WAV files.

many of Saregama Wav are upsampled Mp3. Hollow sounding with no body..bought a few and regretted it !
Didn't know that. Those I got were quite sounding good. So it proves that my ears are old and dying or the general theory that over a certain bit rate one won't make out if it is MP3 or lossless format.

How to find out if unsampled or original .WAV?

Didn't know that. Those I got were quite sounding good. So it proves that my ears are old and dying or the general theory that over a certain bit rate one won't make out if it is MP3 or lossless format.

How to find out if unsampled or original .WAV?
If Lata sounds screechy at high frequencies thats your cue. Try comparing that song with a CD version and if the highs are thin and mids not rich enough thats it. Mp3 encoding eliminates common frequencies and that means harmonics get lost

If Lata sounds screechy at high frequencies thats your cue. Try comparing that song with a CD version and if the highs are thin and mids not rich enough thats it. Mp3 encoding eliminates common frequencies and that means harmonics get lost
I was wondering what was thrown out during conversion to MP3. I think I can do that test but compare .WAV and MP3 of same song. Her song from Betaab available in both formats. .WAV from Saregama store and MP3 from their USB card.

When MP3 is upsampled would the file size go up to near .WAV size? and the bitrate to 1440kBps?

I was wondering what was thrown out during conversion to MP3. I think I can do that test but compare .WAV and MP3 of same song. Her song from Betaab available in both formats. .WAV from Saregama store and MP3 from their USB card.

When MP3 is upsampled would the file size go up to near .WAV size? and the bitrate to 1440kBps?
Mp3 is a lossy algorithm ie it throws away stuff ! Depending on the level of bitrate, it thins down the file by several activities like removing frequencies over 16-18khz , removing the same frequency if it appears within a very short duration..mostly using psychoacoustic reasons following by compression ie removing very low signals assuming you will not hear it in a normal system etc.

Depending on the sample rate the amount thrown out increases.

Converting back to Wav only means upsampling and removing the compression encoding. whats thrown out originallly is anyway lost

on a good system a 128 will sound tinny, 256 somewhat better but the depth in music will be missing and in 320 sounds a lot better but like a bad recording. compare it with the original and you will find it does not have enough of harmonics.

Hi. you are talking about is Saregama music player compatible with HDMI or optical, for that I suggest you to find that on Google. Thanks for sharing.

Tools For SEO

The Marantz PM7000N offers big, spacious and insightful sound, class-leading clarity and a solid streaming platform in a award winning package.
Back