Is such a setup possible !!

zoozoo

Dear Forum members

Im thinking of purchasing a projector & a 7.1/7.2 AVR. The only criteria is that

1. The AVR should be able to play the audio from the projector wirelessly.

The projector should be a 3D Full HD.

The AVR should be a 7.1/7.2 with Dolby ATMOS.

I require help from the forum members to suggest the most appropriate brands / models which will meet the above criteria. Cost wise both items should be below Rs 1 lac each. Is such a set up possible which streams audio from the projector to the AVR wirelessly.

Rather a strange requirement. Can you please clarify why you need that?
The audio source would normally be near the AVR.

Dear Forum members

Im thinking of purchasing a projector & a 7.1/7.2 AVR. The only criteria is that

1. The AVR should be able to play the audio from the projector wirelessly.

The projector should be a 3D Full HD.

The AVR should be a 7.1/7.2 with Dolby ATMOS.

I require help from the forum members to suggest the most appropriate brands / models which will meet the above criteria. Cost wise both items should be below Rs 1 lac each. Is such a set up possible which streams audio from the projector to the AVR wirelessly.
You may be going the reverse way. Please share your entire chain of equipment and how you plan to connect everything.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3003 using Tapatalk

Ok. So here it goes. Although I plan to keep both the AVR and the projector in the same room but they will be 9 feet apart. The projector will be placed next to the sofa set where I will sit facing the front wall, where I intend to project the pic on the wall. The AVR will be placed near the wall facing me, i.e. the wall on which the pic is projected. The reason being my current stereo setup is next to that wall only. So while the projector is projecting the movie on the wall in front of my sitting position I will to stream the audio wirelessly to the AVR to avoid wires cluttering the floor. Hope I am clear in describing the intended setup. Pl suggest.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

What and where is the source? And what do you mean by the current stereo setup?

Let's say you have a Blu-ray player. Then place it next to AVR and connect it via hdmi. Then take out a long hdmi cable from AVR and connect it to projector. Connect the speakers to the AVR

And the suggestions..
AVR denon x2300
Projector epson tw5300, both around 70k with bill and warranty

Basic connections for movies are source to AVR via HDMI. AVR to speakers for audio. AVR to display (projector, in your case) for video.
What you should be looking for here is wireless video streaming from video source to the projector. I don't know how it is done but it is possible. Wait for more suggestions and meanwhile check Google

Somebody has successfully done that by connecting a raspberry pi to the projector or something like that. It's in the forum

No. No. Not like that. I wish to play the movies from my USB drives which I will connect to the USB of the projector. I assume projectors have a USB input. The movie is to be projected onto the wall in the front with the audio to stream thru the speakers connected to the AVR.

AFAIK, USB port playback capability in projector is very limited. Mostly pictures and low res videos

No. No. Not like that. I wish to play the movies from my USB drives which I will connect to the USB of the projector. I assume projectors have a USB input. The movie is to be projected onto the wall in the front with the audio to stream thru the speakers connected to the AVR.

You have got this all wrong, Projector does not pass on audio to AVR via HDMI conventionally, unless ARC is at play, even then with ARC, plugging USB on projector wont work with Audio via reciever.

You might be able to use, Audio OUT 3.5mm jack on the projector to get the audio to receiver RCA in, but in that case no Surround Sound, no 5.1, 7.1 nothing. Plain stereo

The simplest way is to plug the usb into your AVR and not the projector and connect your AVR to the projector via HDMI as everybody does.

Simple thumb rule is EVERYTHING goes into AVR and the only thing that comes out of AVR is HDMI out that goes into your Projector.

Now you could say, is there a way to have HDMI out connection from AVR to Projector HDMI IN wirelessly, Ans is yes, but never recommended, reason expensive and unreliable. How you can do this is via an HDMI Transmitter & Receiver, something like below ..

https://www.amazon.com/Nyrius-Trans...rd_wg=Renf0&psc=1&refRID=NZJ345B742GAXZTWFD5V

Mind you the quality, reliability, surrounded audio is always questionable in these devices, so review thoroughly before deciding on one.

Last edited:

Please don't try to connect that ways. Use the avr as your center point to connect all sources.

MaSh

Sent from my Redmi Note 3 using Tapatalk

Most of the current crop of BDPs, including the entry level models, come with a USB input, so playing your USB files shouldn't pose any problem.

Don't think they are capable of streaming video wirelessly, though.....

I thought USB port of AVR is only for music

Sorry, what I meant was plus USB into the source (typed AVR instead), so correcting my statement, plug USB into source connected to AVR and not the projector.

Thanks all for enlightening. Then I think I should not go for a projector, since connecting AVR and projector using hdmi will create a lot of wire clutter in the room.

Thanks all for enlightening. Then I think I should not go for a projector, since connecting AVR and projector using hdmi will create a lot of wire clutter in the room.

It's a single hdmi cable. Another would be the power cable. If you wall mount the projector then the cables can be neatly routed.

MaSh

Sent from my Redmi Note 3 using Tapatalk

I dont know, how one HDMI from AVR to Projector will create a "clutter" but, you need to get this done this IS the way yo do it.

Single HDMI will create a clutter since the distance between the projector and the avr in my case would be around 9 feet.. Projector will be next to my sitting position and the avr in front of me , 9 feet ahead.. So I will have to have a HDMI cable 10-12 feet long which connects the avr with the projector...
Now imagine another setup.. Forget about the avr.. I'm sure a projector has a speaker which plays audio from movies projected on the screen/wall... How can I connect external speakers to the projector which will enhance the audio output of the movies? A wireless solution would be a preferred one...

Sent from my Auxus_4X using Tapatalk

Get the Award Winning Diamond 12.3 Floorstanding Speakers on Special Offer
Back