Is there anyway to replace tata sky with broadband with intelligent interface?

arnprasad

Hi..I currently spend 500 a month on tata sky, 350 on BSNL landline and 1500 on ACT broadband.

I have shifted from ACT to hathway and saving 40%. Till airtel or reliance offer services in my area and offer free landline..cant get rid of BSNL.

For tatasky- is there a smart way to access it via youtube/internet - basically we watch say few hindi/english/kannada news channels...some Kannada soaps..occasional live sports.

Anyway I can watch smartly..say I have a list of 15 news, 5 soaps and 5 sports. Can I configure these in some smart way so that i can access them in single clicks..rather than search every time...Just trying to get rid of 500 a month on tata sky also. Currently if i want to watch a channel on youtube.. I search for NDTV live or times now live and watch it...but want it to be more seamless..like using tata sky remote.

Got any plans of using internet for landlines? i googled VOIP type instruments. doesn't seem to be feasible for India calls.

My ultimate chord cutting goal is to pay around 1000 for 1TB broadband a month and not pay for landline or cable TV

Landline replacement - I explored a lot.
Couldnt find a solution.
BSNL offers legal VOIP packages, but only if you live in a rural area.

Couldnt find a solution.
I know...Airtel is around 100 metres away for the past ten years..for some reason they dont want to cross the road and come this side. That could be one solution

Other solution is I take BSNL broadband..but they are still stuck in 8 mbps and 20 mbps with ridiculous limits.4

Saving grace could be Jio...but they are no way as aggressive with broadband like they were with mobile. Since they have a stake in hathway - hoping something will come up soon. Waiting for an exciting answer on the tatasky question..

Check out BSNL FTTH.
Tatassky has a firestick offer. Not sure what is included in that.
You can have a list of 20 favourite channels on TataSky.

Thanks..always thought FTTH was to buildings only...let me check if they now provide to independent houses also..their 849 plan is good enough...50mbps till 600gb and free phone

also i am not a fan of sticks or smart TVs..have computers connected to my TV with wireless keyboard and mouse

Thanks..always thought FTTH was to buildings only...let me check if they now provide to independent houses also..their 849 plan is good enough...50mbps till 600gb and free phone

also i am not a fan of sticks or smart TVs..have computers connected to my TV with wireless keyboard and mouse
Hi, I'm independent home user of BSNL FTTH 849 plan. It is good and gives me consistent 50 Mbps most of the time. Very less downtime. You can try this. With GST it comes to around 1100 /-

Couldnt find a solution.

I live in a rural area and find your suggestion interesting. How does one go about acquiring a BSNL package that offers VOIP services? What kind of internet speeds can I expect? Is this a WLL type of connection? What are the monthly rental and other charges like?

I live in a rural area and find your suggestion interesting. How does one go about acquiring a BSNL package that offers VOIP services? What kind of internet speeds can I expect? Is this a WLL type of connection? What are the monthly rental and other charges like?

If you have a good internet connection, but no landline, and live in a rural area, you can subscribe to BSNL VOIP - ie you can get a virtual landline which works over your internet connection.

You will need to :
- Subscribe to BSNL VOIP service
- Buy a VOIP phone
- Connect the phone to your LAN and configure it

I
If you have a good internet connection, but no landline, and live in a rural area, you can subscribe to BSNL VOIP - ie you can get a virtual landline which works over your internet connection.

You will need to :
- Subscribe to BSNL VOIP service
- Buy a VOIP phone
- Connect the phone to your LAN and configure it

Thanks for your suggestion.

Both BSNL and Jio have no interest in providing either a landline based or other high speed internet connectivity to my rural residences near Dehradun, Uttarakhand and Gola Gokarannath, Uttar Pradesh due to lack of other customers in the area. Minimal 2G internet connectivity is intermittently available to me at present. using a Vodafone 4G postpaid SIM.

I believe solutions using satellite based systems are available at a cost of around Rs 65,000 per month. I am looking for a more economical solution to run a TV, a couple of mobile phones and an internet connection or two, maybe using a dish or other external antenna to connect to a far off tower

Is Excitel Broadband available in your location. In Delhi they are charging Rs. 600/- per month for 100 mbps speed. I think with good connection alongwith Amazon/Airtel Firestick is better option than tata sky. It is almost 999/- p.a. for amazon prime. you can see many OTT app on firestick i.e hotstar, zee5 etc. any they are really cheap in comparison with cable/DTH.

Excitel Broadband is limited to Delhi NCR and Hyderabad.

There is no dearth of Internet Service Providers in India, only of actual bandwidth available at the point of use. The majority of Indians live in rural areas and their needs are not being met. Their exists a huge, untapped demand, which neither Government nor public or private sector companies are moving to capture. Everyone is bemoaning the economic slowdown but not showing any risk-taking ability which alone will get us out of it. The beaten path will take us nowhere. The destinations to which they lead are either overcrowded or no longer relevant.

Hi..I currently spend 500 a month on tata sky, 350 on BSNL landline and 1500 on ACT broadband.

I have shifted from ACT to hathway and saving 40%. Till airtel or reliance offer services in my area and offer free landline..cant get rid of BSNL.

For tatasky- is there a smart way to access it via youtube/internet - basically we watch say few hindi/english/kannada news channels...some Kannada soaps..occasional live sports.

Anyway I can watch smartly..say I have a list of 15 news, 5 soaps and 5 sports. Can I configure these in some smart way so that i can access them in single clicks..rather than search every time...Just trying to get rid of 500 a month on tata sky also. Currently if i want to watch a channel on youtube.. I search for NDTV live or times now live and watch it...but want it to be more seamless..like using tata sky remote.

Got any plans of using internet for landlines? i googled VOIP type instruments. doesn't seem to be feasible for India calls.

My ultimate chord cutting goal is to pay around 1000 for 1TB broadband a month and not pay for landline or cable TV
You can use BSNL Broadband. Plans start at 399 and go upto 1299. Speed is 8-10 Mbps. If you need more speed, Try BSNL FTTH. Mouth watering plans.

You can use Raspberry PI with Kodi. PI support HDMI CEC. If your TV support CEC, you can use TV remote for changing channels (The same way you are doing with the DTH). For live news, Create one m3u playlist and load it in the kodi. For others, You can use zee5, voot, primevideo addon for kodi.

If TV does not support CEC then you can use Kore Android app to control kodi

A bit difficult to understand what you wrote :) Will ask a friend to interpret. I already have computers..so didnt understand why i need pi

If you are using computer, you can create m3u playlist and add available link (News link in your case) in it. You can play m3u playlist using VLC player. So by single click you will able to change the program. You will not require to search and play.

Back