Is your system capable?

suri

well, hehehe -

can your system handle - PEARL JAM - at full tilt?

not that i like them - but their music is demanding of the system.

if you like pearl jam on your system (irrespective of your tastes in music) - your system is up there with the best.

if you cannot take it - mebbe you need to take a critical look -

hehehe! - do not flame - just trying to light up polite conversation!:)

well, hehehe -

can your system handle - PEARL JAM - at full tilt?

not that i like them - but their music is demanding of the system.

if you like pearl jam on your system (irrespective of your tastes in music) - your system is up there with the best.

if you cannot take it - mebbe you need to take a critical look -

hehehe! - do not flame - just trying to light up polite conversation!:)

Hell Yea!

But if you really want music that stresses up your system and hence test your system against that - then it gotta be Devin Townsend especially his infinity album.

try it, about yrs ago i've seen my woodstock woofer pop out of its housing!

Try it suri! Bloody demanding music!

Last edited by a moderator:
Hell Yea!

But if you really want music that stresses up your system and hence test your system against that - then it gotta be Devin Townsend especially his infinity album.

try it, about yrs ago i've seen my woodstock woofer pop out of its housing!

Try it suri! Bloody demanding music!

will do , malvai, - and post impressions!

regds
suri

Last edited by a moderator:
Oh and by the way, my current rig can take both Pearl jam and Devin!

In fact these two discs are always used for testing as well!

How would you know if your system cant take it, when it dies on you? XD

THIS IS WHEN YOU KNOW - ( that your system cannot take it)-

when you get the feeling -

"Holy S@@T - i gotta put it off~!!

but - (THIS IS SURVIVAL)

if-

the hair on the nape of your neck- stands up on end - you are electrified -

and you get up -

and play -

the "air guitar"-

well, -

then your system cuts the ice!

regds
suri

Well I think Deep Purple has tracks as well that are pretty heavy........not to forget Slipknot, BLACK SABBATH. Both of these bands are pretty Brutal....... Few of LinkinPark tracks are also pretty heavy.......and there is a Track called "At war with satan", I am not sure if its one of the brutal tracks, but definately sounds very Taxing......its an awsome track BTW........I am not sure who the band is though......

performed by?
An orchestra. And a choir. Not to mention the organist who only plays for the last two or three minutes :)

Seriously, though, my only copy is <hang on> ... London Symphony Orchestra, conducted by Gilbert Kaplan, so I hadn't really thought about it, except that this conductor is an amateur who has become an authority on this particular piece of music.

So, can there be a partial damage to the speakers ? I mean every now and then, after going through horror stories of tweeters & woofers popping out, I listen to the drivers individually to make sure I am hearing treble,mids & bass. When will this stop ? :(

My speakers have to deal with something of this sort every now & then:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nmNBNhfA-Gk

Herbert von Karajan conducting Dvorak's Symphony No. 9

It is quite demanding.

Another demanding song which can really test the low freq capabilities of a speaker is Le Monde by Thievery Corporation .

So, what do you say...how to determine the health of speakers ? I mean my speakers sound fine still, but really threads like these make me act paranoid !

So, what do you say...how to determine the health of speakers ? I mean my speakers sound fine still, but really threads like these make me act paranoid !

Buddy, when you get home this evenig, kick off your shoes, pop open a beer, put on a pearl jam cd. enjoy the music!

Your quads will do fine with no matter what you throw at 'em. Unless of course you put a waaaay more powerful amp and then pump up the volume like those panju kids cruizing the girls college in their yellow zens, with the music blaring and their head nodding!

well in a serious note AFA I know, these heavy metal does not necessarily tax a speaker (AudioGuRus might confirm)....... there is a recording company called Digital Music Products which released a Test Music CDs called DMP sampler.......to put a system to test. I have read they have variety of quality music recordings, and individual instrument tracks to evaluate high/low notes on a stand alone basis. Personally I have no clue how to get these CDs but thought to share the information.........details can be read here....

Test Discs Reference Recordings For Subjective And Analytical Comparisons Part Two Of A Series Review By A. Colin Flood

Last edited:
what if you object to grunge and the seattle sound in general? I prefer Morph the Cat by Donald Fagen to test speakers. But ya it sounds decent on most setups, but on a good setup it sounds really special.

Get the Wharfedale EVO 4.2 3-Way Standmount Speakers at a Special Offer Price.
Back