Isophon speakers?

murali

Has anyone come across Isophon speakers (German, I suppose) claiming to use the steepest crossover frequencies and as high as 50dB/octave???

Thanks in advance.
murali

Has anyone come across Isophon speakers (German, I suppose) claiming to use the steepest crossover frequencies and as high as 50dB/octave???

Thanks in advance.
murali

50db / octave. wow ! That's something.

Must also mean lot of components in the crossover too. Not sure if that is good or bad ;)

I have heard their speakers. Sealed box design, decent...I did not hear anything abnormal in terms of driver integration so I cannot comment on the effect of 50db/octave. Speakers did not sound like sealed box though. The bass was more like ported design and overall a balanced sound.

I have heard them over the years;
First with Nagra & then with Octave & others.
Now they design speakers that use Ceramic Drivers from Accutone - T & P.
I like them a lot.
They are a 'poor mans' option to German Speakers with ceramic drivers.
I recommend them.
I do not think they have any form of representation in India.
:mad:

Isophon used to make traditional paper-cone drivers in the 60s and 70s. Some of these were imported and used in a few classic Indian speakers (Bevox, Cosmic, etc.) in the 70s. They were quite competent, but nothing great in the power handling department - something of the order of 10 to 20 W maximum (Bevox used two 6" drivers in some of their floor-standing units).

I heard then in Singapore = Adelphi.

I had heard a bookshelf and liked them a lot. Good mid bass and dynamic

Would love to hear their new models

I heard a few in Munich last year - I think they are good speakers for the components that they use - great VFM product.
Well built & good sound.

I will try and put some pics up - I hope I can manage...

Attachments

• Isophone - Speakers & Price list @ MOC - 2009.jpg.jpg
    Isophone - Speakers & Price list @ MOC - 2009.jpg.jpg
    8 KB · Views: 137
  • Isophone - Speakers & Price list @ MOC - 2009.jpg (2).jpg
    Isophone - Speakers & Price list @ MOC - 2009.jpg (2).jpg
    9.2 KB · Views: 137
I have Isophon speakers but know little about them. They were made in West Germany so date back to that era. The larger is labelled P38 and the smaller group of 3 is labelled DMB 5/2-1U. I bought custom made speaker cabinets in the 1960's and this is what is housed in them. We are down sizing and need to dispose of them. Bill

I have a pair of isiphon speakers and I would like to know if the enclosure is original or not. Can anyone give me some details oabout these speakers?

Thanks in advance

Attachments

• DSCN2295.jpg
    DSCN2295.jpg
    12.7 KB · Views: 75
  • DSCN2296.jpg
    DSCN2296.jpg
    14.4 KB · Views: 72
  • DSCN2297.jpg
    DSCN2297.jpg
    11.8 KB · Views: 63
  • DSCN2298.jpg
    DSCN2298.jpg
    11.7 KB · Views: 64

I had heard a bookshelf and liked them a lot. Good mid bass and dynamic

Would love to hear their new models
I have a pair of book shelf isophon speakers for what they are there's some incredible sound coming out of those cheesy little boxes I'm impressed totally !!

A beautiful, well-constructed speaker with class-leading soundstage, imaging and bass that is fast, deep, and precise.
Back