Isophon speakers?

murali

Has anyone come across Isophon speakers (German, I suppose) claiming to use the steepest crossover frequencies and as high as 50dB/octave???

Thanks in advance.
murali

Has anyone come across Isophon speakers (German, I suppose) claiming to use the steepest crossover frequencies and as high as 50dB/octave???

Thanks in advance.
murali

50db / octave. wow ! That's something.

Must also mean lot of components in the crossover too. Not sure if that is good or bad ;)

I have heard their speakers. Sealed box design, decent...I did not hear anything abnormal in terms of driver integration so I cannot comment on the effect of 50db/octave. Speakers did not sound like sealed box though. The bass was more like ported design and overall a balanced sound.

I have heard them over the years;
First with Nagra & then with Octave & others.
Now they design speakers that use Ceramic Drivers from Accutone - T & P.
I like them a lot.
They are a 'poor mans' option to German Speakers with ceramic drivers.
I recommend them.
I do not think they have any form of representation in India.
:mad:

Isophon used to make traditional paper-cone drivers in the 60s and 70s. Some of these were imported and used in a few classic Indian speakers (Bevox, Cosmic, etc.) in the 70s. They were quite competent, but nothing great in the power handling department - something of the order of 10 to 20 W maximum (Bevox used two 6" drivers in some of their floor-standing units).

I heard then in Singapore = Adelphi.

I had heard a bookshelf and liked them a lot. Good mid bass and dynamic

Would love to hear their new models

I heard a few in Munich last year - I think they are good speakers for the components that they use - great VFM product.
Well built & good sound.

I will try and put some pics up - I hope I can manage...

Attachments

• Isophone - Speakers & Price list @ MOC - 2009.jpg.jpg
    Isophone - Speakers & Price list @ MOC - 2009.jpg.jpg
    8 KB · Views: 137
  • Isophone - Speakers & Price list @ MOC - 2009.jpg (2).jpg
    Isophone - Speakers & Price list @ MOC - 2009.jpg (2).jpg
    9.2 KB · Views: 137
I have Isophon speakers but know little about them. They were made in West Germany so date back to that era. The larger is labelled P38 and the smaller group of 3 is labelled DMB 5/2-1U. I bought custom made speaker cabinets in the 1960's and this is what is housed in them. We are down sizing and need to dispose of them. Bill

I have a pair of isiphon speakers and I would like to know if the enclosure is original or not. Can anyone give me some details oabout these speakers?

Thanks in advance

Attachments

• DSCN2295.jpg
    DSCN2295.jpg
    12.7 KB · Views: 75
  • DSCN2296.jpg
    DSCN2296.jpg
    14.4 KB · Views: 72
  • DSCN2297.jpg
    DSCN2297.jpg
    11.8 KB · Views: 63
  • DSCN2298.jpg
    DSCN2298.jpg
    11.7 KB · Views: 64

I had heard a bookshelf and liked them a lot. Good mid bass and dynamic

Would love to hear their new models
I have a pair of book shelf isophon speakers for what they are there's some incredible sound coming out of those cheesy little boxes I'm impressed totally !!

Get the Award Winning Diamond 12.3 Floorstanding Speakers on Special Offer
Back