Issue with Denon AVR

Manoj Kumar

Hi,

I have been facing issues with my Denon AVR for a couple of days. When I switch on the AVR, intermittent chad chad noise comes from the left and right speakers. I have verified all the connections of the AVR for any loose connection but found everything was fine. Kindly suggest any reliable repairing center for Denon AVR located in Chennai. I live in a Govt. Town-ship where the power supply is stable without any voltage drop and power failure. In my home, all the pieces of equipment are connected directly to the power outlet without using any stabilizer/ups. However, recently I noticed some electrical issue in my house, i.e., while playing music in my chain I found interference in music when switches of other room are turned on. I need suggestions to overcome this issue in my house and safeguard my AV equipment from electrical problems.

Please contact PRoFX Chennai. They are the authorised service centre for Denon.

PRO FX CHENNAI​

Old No:742, New No:202,
Ground Floor, Opp to TVS,
Annasalai, Chennai-600002.
Tel: +91 9444991182 | 044-28418386
E-mail: [email protected] | [email protected]
Timings: 10.30 am to 6.00 pm (Open all days)

I need suggestions to overcome this issue in my house and safeguard my AV equipment from electrical problems.
That sounds like old wiring, oxidation on switches and the fact that your stereo equipment is on the same phase, leading to your Denon picking that up. You'll need to rewire sections of the phase that have a fault. Show this to an electrician, they can guide you.

The best way to safe guard your equipment is to turn them off at the wall socket when not in use. eg : Overnight.
If you do not have voltage or surge problems, you can skip a stabilizer or even a surge protector. However, the latter, if its well made will offer some protection when the equipment is on Standy By.

Alternatively, you can install a high sensitivity circuit breaker that reacts to surges and lightning. This isn't your typical mcb flip switch. These are specialized electrical devices, also known as SPD's fitted before your incoming distribution board. This is the first level of defense before power flows into your main mcb distribution board. If there is a spike, its the SPD that stops it from going further down the line as its faster to react. No doubt, its expensive and is usually single use. Once it blows, you will likely need to replace the SPD. If you own the property, it does make sense to have one as its protection for everything electrical in your home. Not just your AV.

For excellent sound that won't break the bank, the 5 Star Award Winning Wharfedale Diamond 12.1 Bookshelf Speakers is the one to consider!
Back