Issue with Marantz SR5015

francisxavier.p

I own a Marantz SR5015 which was bought in early 2021, I have a weird Issue with the receiver now. I can't see the Marantz Menu in my TV Screen when I connect the output to my ARC input of my TV (I tried with other TV that has ARC input and the same problem exists). I am able to see the Menu when I connect the same HDMI cable to other Non-ARC HDMI inputs of the TV (It is a high speed HDMI Cable too).
The same with HEOS APP or Bluetooth devices, They don't show up when connected to ARC HDMI Input (It works fine when HDMI is connected to Non-ARC TV Input). Though the ARC works just fine. Also other issue is that one of the HDMI inputs of the receiver is not working, I don't get output when I connect any devices to the Blu-Ray HDMI input. When I get output (Randomly), It is either blank blue screen or the output with green tint. I already tried resetting it to the factory setting and it didn't help. Is there any other option to check before I head to a Service center? Any insights are appreciated.

That's strange, sometimes i have try a couple of times for the menu to show up the TV. I have reset the receive and that resolved the issue with my 5015. If the firmware update is available did you try that?

I don't get output when I connect any devices to the Blu-Ray HDMI input. When I get output (Randomly), It is either blank blue screen or the output with green tint.
This is a sign of Hdmi Handshake issues, try another 4k UHD Certified hdmi cable, 90% that solves the issue. You get them on amazon for not a very high cost. I would suggest try that before thinking of giving it to service as that will cost you much more in shipping & a lot of headaches & waiting time.

That's strange, sometimes i have try a couple of times for the menu to show up the TV. I have reset the receive and that resolved the issue with my 5015. If the firmware update is available did you try that?
Thanks for your response. I did reset the receiver to the stock firmware and did the firmware update as well. It didn't resolve the issue.

This is a sign of Hdmi Handshake issues, try another 4k UHD Certified hdmi cable, 90% that solves the issue. You get them on amazon for not a very high cost. I would suggest try that before thinking of giving it to service as that will cost you much more in shipping & a lot of headaches & waiting time.
Thank for your response, If I remember correctly I did try with another HDMI cable. I will try again tomorrow once more and will keep you posted.

Few more pointers on the same issue to add more clarity

1. Issue still exists where I don't see the AVR's Menu on my TV when connected to the ARC HDMI of my TV.
2. I am able to see the Video output of my laptop/switch through the same ARC HDMI port (same high speed able) in TV.

Connection : Laptop/Set Top Box/Switch ==> HDMI Input 1 ==> HDMI Output 1 (eARC) ==> TV's HDMI ARC Input

Above is my connection scenario. I am able to see my Laptop/Set Top Box/Switch screen on my TV fine, Once I hit the AVR Menu button on the remote, the screen goes blank and TV screen displays no Input signal (while I am able to see the menu on the AVR's Panel with no issues). When I come out of the Menu (hit the back button on the AVR Remote), the display is back with no issues.

Connection : Laptop/Set Top Box/Switch ==> HDMI Input 1 ==> HDMI Output 1 (eARC) ==> TV's Regular HDMI Input

In this scenario, everything works fine. I am able to get to see the AVR's Menu on my TV.

You can try the following two connections and see if that works

1. Your recever has Monitor2 out (just next to the ARC hdmi out). Connect that to the TV and see if it works.
2. In addition to the two HDMI outputs, your receiver has component video out. If your TV has component video in and if you have an existing component video cable connect that to the TV and select the component video in on your TV. If you don't have a component video cable, just take three RCA cables and connect the TV and avr (ensure that blue goes to blue, green goes to green and red goes to red).

EDIT: I was reading your avr manual and it seems highly likely that the smart menu has got turned off. Another thing to check is if "HDMI control is on or off". It has to be set to "on" for smart menu to work. I believe you did a reset of the avr. The reset will also turn HDMI control off, Smart menu off. Check pages 133, 169, 177. There is a way to set these two items to "on" using the avr remote. This is the link to user manual.

1637643006659.png

Last edited:
Do that, you might be surprised :)
I did that right now and no luck. Still the same. I am still hesitant to give my receiver to service center as I am getting what I need out of my AVR but the totality of the AVR is kind of restricted.

1. I get Audio out of ARC port, So no issues there.
2. Only 1 Port of 6 doesn't work. No issues as I don't use most other inputs as well and I can plugin Blu-ray to other available inputs.
3. I can get output to display on TV for any input just that I don't get to see the AVR's Menu on TV screen with ARC Input.

Only thing that keeps coming in my mind is that "if I need to reach out to service center, do it soon before the warranty expires even if it's for small issue" but again giving it to them will cause more time delays with all delay in replenishments of electronic components and I could be even surprised with new set of problems if any.

You can try the following two connections and see if that works

1. Your recever has Monitor2 out (just next to the ARC hdmi out). Connect that to the TV and see if it works.
2. In addition to the two HDMI outputs, your receiver has component video out. If your TV has component video in and if you have an existing component video cable connect that to the TV and select the component video in on your TV. If you don't have a component video cable, just take three RCA cables and connect the TV and avr (ensure that blue goes to blue, green goes to green and red goes to red).

EDIT: I was reading your avr manual and it seems highly likely that the smart menu has got turned off. Another thing to check is if "HDMI control is on or off". It has to be set to "on" for smart menu to work. I believe you did a reset of the avr. The reset will also turn HDMI control off, Smart menu off. Check pages 133, 169, 177. There is a way to set these two items to "on" using the avr remote. This is the link to user manual.

View attachment 64525
Thanks for your response. I don't have a component cable to test. Also my issue is not getting AVR's menu to get it on the TV, but to get that Menu/HEOS/BT display on the TV's HDMI ARC port. I am able to see AVR's menu on other non-ARC HDMI ports. So there is some kind of issue with sending signal to the ARC port of the TV is what I think. Tried with different set of HDMI cables as well with no luck.

I also set the Smart Menu to "ON" (though it was not for the AVR's Menu but for the Menu to be controlled by TV remote) and HDMI control to "ON". It didn't helped either.

Everything was working perfectly fine couple of days ago.

Could it be some setting on the TV that you have recently changed? Check the TV setup menu, anything related to HDMI control, ARC and HDMI CEC.

I did that right now and no luck. Still the same. I am still hesitant to give my receiver to service center as I am getting what I need out of my AVR but the totality of the AVR is kind of restricted.

1. I get Audio out of ARC port, So no issues there.
2. Only 1 Port of 6 doesn't work. No issues as I don't use most other inputs as well and I can plugin Blu-ray to other available inputs.
3. I can get output to display on TV for any input just that I don't get to see the AVR's Menu on TV screen with ARC Input.

Only thing that keeps coming in my mind is that "if I need to reach out to service center, do it soon before the warranty expires even if it's for small issue" but again giving it to them will cause more time delays with all delay in replenishments of electronic components and I could be even surprised with new set of problems if any.
Which TV u using? Could be the Tv ARC port has the issue? Did you try factory reseting the Tv?
Seems like the BD Hdmi port of the Avr has an issue, you tried factory rest on the Avr? if yes then the Hdmi board of the Avr needs to be replaced.
This seems to be a common issue with Marantz avrs. Contact the distributor MZ Audio in Mumbai & see what they say?
If they have a dealer who can do the repairs for you in your city, that will save the headache of shipping & chance of damage in transit.

Which TV u using? Could be the Tv ARC port has the issue? Did you try factory reseting the Tv?
Seems like the BD Hdmi port of the Avr has an issue, you tried factory rest on the Avr? if yes then the Hdmi board of the Avr needs to be replaced.
This seems to be a common issue with Marantz avrs. Contact the distributor MZ Audio in Mumbai & see what they say?
If they have a dealer who can do the repairs for you in your city, that will save the headache of shipping & chance of damage in transit.
It's a LG TV, I did check with another TV and the issue still exists. I have chennai as my closest and there seems to be a authorized dealer. I hope I will take it to them as I have tried all my other options for now. Also I have reset the AVR thrice and it didn't help either. So I am out of options now.

Finally my ARC issue is resolved and it was actually not the receiver but the ARC port of the TV. After changing the motherboard of the TV, The ARC is working fine. Now I have only one unresolved issue.

The issue is that Blu-Ray Input port is not working as expected.

1. When I connect my nintendo switch, Settop box to the Blu-Ray HDMI, I get Video output in my TV with no sound.
2. When I connect my laptop to the Blu-Ray HDMI, I neither get audio output nor video output.

Both the above mentioned sources works as expected in other Input ports.

Finally my ARC issue is resolved and it was actually not the receiver but the ARC port of the TV. After changing the motherboard of the TV, The ARC is working fine. Now I have only one unresolved issue.

The issue is that Blu-Ray Input port is not working as expected.

1. When I connect my nintendo switch, Settop box to the Blu-Ray HDMI, I get Video output in my TV with no sound.
2. When I connect my laptop to the Blu-Ray HDMI, I neither get audio output nor video output.

Both the above mentioned sources works as expected in other Input ports.
Marantz had a problem with HDMI, u can get free adapter, reach out to your dealer and ask for the same.

https://www.marantz.com/en-ca/hdmiadapter

Join WhatsApp group to get HiFiMART.com Offers & Deals delivered to your smartphone!
Back