Jagjit Singh passes away.

Ghazal Maestro-Jagjit Singh passes away.....

The Padma Bhushan recipient dies at age70, he was the man behind timeless ghazals and for making the genre of ghazal, which was restricted to a specific age group.
May his soul rest in peace.

Sachin

Re: Ghazal Maestro-Jagjit Singh passes away.....

It's really a sad day for Indan Music. His voice was legendary and silky. He was one of those key persons to make Ghazal popular in India.
May his soul rest in peace.

Amit

Apart from his musical genius, Jagjit was a true philanthropist and above all a nice human being.

subah se aankh mein namee si hai...aaj phir aap ki kamee si hai ...

RIP Jagjit Singh

He entertained us with his soulful ghazals and songs. He lost his 18 yr old son, his only child in an accident. After that his wife stopped singing and locked herself indoors never to appear in public. He had a very lonely life in real.

May god rest his soul in peace.

It is really sad news for Ghazal lovers across the world.
I had the honor to meet Jagjit Singh in one of his concerts and it was a wonderful experience. A very down to earth man with excellent sense of humor.

I became an instant fan of Jagjit Singh after listening to his old time ghazals, during my school days.
I am really sad.

Jagjit Singh - Main Kaise Kahoon Jaaneman - YouTube

Last edited:
A true artiste never dies, but lives among his livers and immortalized through his great works. Its rather a celebration. All radio stations are airing his ghazals. A barrage of His Great Work Audio CDs are bound to hit the stores.... So, celebrate his work, remeber what he has given us. That would be the best obituary to him.

Dear sir, we will always remember you through the abundance of jewels you've given us. Your legend lives on. May god bless the soul.

Sent from my Nexus S using Tapatalk

Really sad to hear this news. Had an opportunity to listen to him live last year when he sang at our college fest. Have heard many CD's and cassettes of his songs earlier; hearing him live was another experience in itself.

He will be missed.

APK

Order your Rega Turntables & Amplifiers from HiFiMART.com - India's reputed online dealer.
Back