Jamo C405/407, Wharfedale 9.6 ... or a 9.5?

Hearty congrats milestoneseeker on the purchase!! :clapping: I got a yamaha rx-v671 instead of a 1912, still going to try it out with the M9 first. Will bug you for the details (Seller etc) when I get to serious search!. Waiting for your experience hearing it and the photos !!

Last edited:
So I finally took delivery of my M9s this weekend and wasted no time in setting these up. Since my set-up is pretty basic so I connected them as follows:

BD --> HDMI --> AVR
TataSky --> Composite video --> LCD
TataSky --> Composite audio --> AVR
AVR --> HDMI --> TV
AVR --> Profigold 12 AWG wires with banana plugs --> M9s

Now, I know, 12 AWG was an overkill but I thought, what the heck, let's be upgrade ready :p

Net-net, with this set-up, I have my TV and music listening happening through my M9s. Since no sub-woofer so set my fronts to Large in 1911.

And I was all set !

Started off by listening to another sufi collection of Abdia Parveen, Shobha Mudgal and Kailash Kher to enjoy the deep vocals. M9s are perfect for my ears and they go well with Denon.

A quick observation. While the new series 7 appeared smaller than the other FSs when viewed in the shop, once they were in my rented living room, they appeared big on their own! Theory of relativity, you know. Which makes me glad that I didn't go for the MA's bronze series as they would have appeared gargantuan in my living room !!!

Post the first CD, it was a medley of all the CDs I had with me which I have not been able to listen to for the past 2 yrs or more. So I played a mix of classic rock, hindi OSTs, classic instrumentals etc.

Then we decided to check out the movies. Started off with Dark Knight BD and I could feel the lows which were simply non-existent on my TV speakers .... I know, not a fair comparison but that doesn't mean I am not thrilled! Moved to Kungfu Panda BD where the final sequence of Po and Tai Lung slug it out and man, what a sound! I am going to truly enjoy my movies hence forth. My better half was already warning me against splurging on more BDs as I checked out flipkart :)

I hope to have some more dedicated listening sessions for my music so that I can comment further, but from what I have heard so far, I think it is a great buy. My room acoustics are not perfect and I believe they can sound better but I am perfectly happy with what my ears are hearing right now.

Cheers

Guys, posting a few pics of my set-up. Sorry for the long gap in posting these. It is a straight forward 2.0 set-up.

Attachments

• IMG_2328.jpg
    IMG_2328.jpg
    8.7 KB · Views: 133
  • IMG_2329.jpg
    IMG_2329.jpg
    9.1 KB · Views: 132
  • IMG_2331.jpg
    IMG_2331.jpg
    13.4 KB · Views: 129
  • IMG_2330.jpg
    IMG_2330.jpg
    16.5 KB · Views: 129
Hi, what is the price you bought it and from which dealer in Bangalore, best price I am getting is 63 k from ht store.

I bought the pair at 51k plus connects from Uniquesys (near Kundanhalli gate). However, I believe the MSRP has gone up by almost 10k since then (weakening rupee) so I would guess the best price should be around 60k? Try Uniquesys and see if you get a better rate.

It was great reading your audition journey, shows exactly how to go about picking up a great setup according to your's tastes and constraints
Like you, me too living in rented apartment, using just an LCD for now
Slightly hesitant to invest in a ~1L sound system, but almost done with poor sound on the LCD
Have thought of doing a compromise and going for a Boston Acoustics TVee30 soundbar. But good to see you went for the whole (9) miles

It was great reading your audition journey, shows exactly how to go about picking up a great setup according to your's tastes and constraints
Like you, me too living in rented apartment, using just an LCD for now
Slightly hesitant to invest in a ~1L sound system, but almost done with poor sound on the LCD
Have thought of doing a compromise and going for a Boston Acoustics TVee30 soundbar. But good to see you went for the whole (9) miles

Ouch ... I too started off with the idea of a soundbar :p but yes, if the idea is to only better the TV sound and not have an audio set-up then soundbars make more sense as a beginning step. I already had tons of CDs when I started off on this journey so it was easier to convince myself to spend more.
Thank you for your comments.

Buy from India's official online dealer!
Back