Jazz night at ai@Saket, New Delhi

The entry is open to all and is free...however the drinks are priced on the higher side so for guys like me I listen to the music indise and then go out on the terrace after the performance for drinks as there are happy hours applicable....

any recollection, was your last experience unplugged, or like in the utoob vid (since i believe u were lucky to catch it)?

Ashok, I have never heard or seen these guys performing...Just got to know that they are performing from the Facebook link...I am assuming that the performance should be unplugged as in the youtube link..... Will get to know more about them on Friday...

Yesterday attended the wonderful performance of Adil (on guitar) and Vasundhara on vocals....Anyone who likes Jazz from the 40s and 50s would have been delighted at the performance....Vasundhara was excellent with superb control and Adil was very good ....they were joined by a bassist (forgot the name) in between for some songs who was simply brilliant......
Now I am not much into the 40s and 50s jazz but some of the songs that they played were :
Round midnight
Deep Water
Yesterday
Birdland (I had never heard the vocal version of this song before)
A french song which went over my head

Overall a brilliant performance although I would have enjoyed had they played a few bossa nova and some other popular tunes as the crowd was dozing off to sleep.....

Do watch out for these guys as they were outstanding....

Attended a fabulous concert yesterday organized by Alliance Francaise at the amphitheatre@garden of five senses by a french band called Electrodeluxe ...Now this was my kind of jazz with a saxophone, clarinet, keyboard (with loops), drums and a wonderful witty, high energy vocalist...This was my kind of music - Jazz with electronica although the performance moved towards smooth jazz as the performance progressed....
The group was able to make people dance to their music ...below is a link to one of their earlier performances :

YouTube - electro deluxe live point g

The concert was made nicer by the good weather and the lovely outdoor setting...the only downside to it was the Foster Pints priced at Rs 250 and Dewars 30 ml at Rs 400 (;-)

Overall a memorable experience.....Hopefully with the winters nearing, we should have more such concerts....

Follow HiFiMART on Instagram for offers, deals and FREE giveaways!
Back