JBL Cinema 500 or Polk TL1600 which one to choose

kumar4ume

Hi all,

Recently i had demo of Polk TL1600 & JBL Cinema500 speakers in Hyderabad both quality seems to be good, receiver for both was Denon X510. Confused which one to choose. Please let me know your feedback on these and the price too. Also is there any other better package apart from these.

Hi

There are a lot o packages in the market...you need to first check how much you are ready to spend on the system..secondly demo as many systems you can with your music and movies so that you know for sure that it works well for you and your requirements.

There are many brands out there...go ahead...demo and decide wisely..all the best

My Budget is Max 60k and i had demos of Onkyo, Yamaha too but i felt JBL Cinema 500 and Polk TL1600 are good as i had demo of these two models only in JBL and Polk

Hi all,

Recently i had demo of Polk TL1600 & JBL Cinema500 speakers in Hyderabad both quality seems to be good, receiver for both was Denon X510. Confused which one to choose. Please let me know your feedback on these and the price too. Also is there any other better package apart from these.

Hi kumar4ume,

For how many days are you using Denon x510 and how much did it cost? What speakers are you currently using with that?

I also bought Denon x510BT a week ago (http://www.hifivision.com/surround-amplifiers-receivers/59254-just-bought-my-denon-avr-510bt.html).

Venkat,

I dont have denon yet but the receiver which used for demo was denon, between congrats on your purchase :clapping: how was the performance and whats the price of it? where did you purchased it please let me know

Guys,

I have got a final quote from Dealers JBL Cinema 500 Speakers +Denon X510 BT for 64k final Price +Installation 2500 Total -66500 & Polk TL 1600 Speakers + Denon X520BT for 75k+ Installation 2500 Total- 77500. Which one to go and which is good in terms of audio quality, also is there any better prices that i can get for the above two. Kindly let me know

Your budget is stretched to 77k. If that is the case then you can also consider this option:

1. Pioneer SP-PK22 BS
2. Yamaha V375/Denon X1100w

You'll need to shell out extra for cables and media player.
On a hard bargain you may get whole system for 80k

Pioneer AJ would definately be better than jbl or polk sats. I dont see any issue in going in for the x510bt, X520BT seems a bit overpriced and would suggest you to go with the older one and you might get it at a still lesser price too. Do check other dealers as well and dont stick with a single dealer

Pioneer AJ would definately be better than jbl or polk sats. I dont see any issue in going in for the x510bt, X520BT seems a bit overpriced and would suggest you to go with the older one and you might get it at a still lesser price too. Do check other dealers as well and dont stick with a single dealer

Hi Ravyonnee,

Thank you for the reply :clapping: i auditioned both JBL and Polk and found that Polk is far better than JBL and decided to go for it but they offered me Denon X520 bt receiver which i refused and asked for X510 bt and they agreed to give it for final price of 72k for both Polk +Denon 510 BT. I am not aware of Pioneer AJ SP-PK22 BS. can you pls tell me where can i audition this in hyderabad. So i can have a look in to it and decide.

Your budget is stretched to 77k. If that is the case then you can also consider this option:

1. Pioneer SP-PK22 BS
2. Yamaha V375/Denon X1100w

You'll need to shell out extra for cables and media player.
On a hard bargain you may get whole system for 80k

Thank you for the response, but where can i audition this in hyderabad? pls let me know so i can look in to it and decide

Enquired with Dealer in Hyderabad about Pioneer SP-PK22BS they says it is not available in India there is same type of Model which is available in India Pioneer AJ-5235XT but saying price around 60k but same model in Hifi Vision was 51k. What to do? Kindly Suggest

^^ Go for the indian version, as it has a better sub than the international one...
I have just gone through the R&D for AJ Series recently and will be glad to help for any queries...

I asked avenuesound Mumbai and they said pioneer 5.1 aj bookshelf +sub package is for 38k at their shop. They ship all over India. It's anyday better than the Polk/jbl combination mentioned in this thread

^^ Go for the indian version, as it has a better sub than the international one...
I have just gone through the R&D for AJ Series recently and will be glad to help for any queries...

Thank you for the reply :clapping:, i have seen the demo of Pioneer AJ-5235XT sound was good Also the bass was very good. but felt sound was same as Polk TL1600 but not sure i will have a demo once again on this weekend and will decide. Can you tell me what is the price of this model in Chennai?

I asked avenuesound Mumbai and they said pioneer 5.1 aj bookshelf +sub package is for 38k at their shop. They ship all over India. It's anyday better than the Polk/jbl combination mentioned in this thread

Hi Thank you for the update, Yah i too feel the sound was good but not able to decide between polk & Pioneer so will have a demo of Pioneer again this weekend and will decide,also can you tell me which model was it u have asked in avenue sound? is it Pioneer AJ-5235XT or some other model pls let me know.

Hi Folks,
Sorry for hijacking the thread in between. Even I am not able to decide between
Pioneer AJ 5235XT with Pioneer VSX 523 and
Jamo S426 HCS3, Boston Acoustics XS 0.1 sub with Denon X500

Both are priced at 75000.

What about Onkyo HT S5700.

Waiting for valuable inputs from all..

Hi Folks,
Sorry for hijacking the thread in between. Even I am not able to decide between
Pioneer AJ 5235XT with Pioneer VSX 523 and
Jamo S426 HCS3, Boston Acoustics XS 0.1 sub with Denon X500

Both are priced at 75000.

What about Onkyo HT S5700.

Waiting for valuable inputs from all..

Sumit,

Where did you get the price of 75k for Pioneer AJ5235XT with Pioneer VSX 523. Pls let me know

Jamo S426 or Pioneer AJ5235xt which one to choose

Friends, now the picture have moved fromJBL &Polk to Jamo S426 (With Sub Woofer) & PioneerAJ5235xt both are almost around same budget. but not able to choose the best one need your suggestions...... Let me know the inputs on this

Have heard the Jamo S426 HCS 3 and it is really very good the sound signature is quite different from what the other speakers in the market are. Not having heard the pioneer AJ series, cannot comment, but spec wise the pioneer AJ's beat the Jamo S426 hands down. If you can buy the pioneer it would be great, but do audition it with multiple AVR's. Ask your dealer to connect the same speaker to mutiple avr and see which sound you like. The sound will change depending on the AVR, and go in for a basic AVR instead of higher end ones having wifi, bluetooth, etc. as the chances of failure are higher. Do also note, you would require good cables and interconnects, which also adds up to quite some amount.

Have heard the Jamo S426 HCS 3 and it is really very good the sound signature is quite different from what the other speakers in the market are. Not having heard the pioneer AJ series, cannot comment, but spec wise the pioneer AJ's beat the Jamo S426 hands down. If you can buy the pioneer it would be great, but do audition it with multiple AVR's. Ask your dealer to connect the same speaker to mutiple avr and see which sound you like. The sound will change depending on the AVR, and go in for a basic AVR instead of higher end ones having wifi, bluetooth, etc. as the chances of failure are higher. Do also note, you would require good cables and interconnects, which also adds up to quite some amount.

Thank you for the reply, i had the Demo of PioneerAJ 5235 XT sound was good (Just Like Polk TL1600) Jamo S426 i dont find them to see the demo in hyderabad but some of them says its good and reviews were also good for both. So confused among these two, AVR im going for Denon 510 so i think it will be good for either pioneer or Jamo but the pblm here is to choose between two. :sad:

Get the Award Winning Diamond 12.3 Floorstanding Speakers on Special Offer
Back