JBL LSR 306 + LSR 310 or Edifier S3000 Pro

ohschiit

hi everyone, i am a beginner audiophile and presently own a pair of edifier 1280t. while i mistook myself as a bass head earlier, i have come to the realisation that i am not in the recent days (ageing may be). while i like those HT setups with 5.1 / 7.1 speakers, my present situation doesn't allow me to have such things. i have decided to go with a 2.0 or a 2.1 setup. i have narrowed down on JBL LSR306 + LSR310 sub (i think i need to spend extra on an interface) or Edifier S3000 PRO. this setup would be to use in the bedroom which is 12X12. i have a PC desk on which i would be placing these and would be watching movies on the PC monitor while lying on the bed. while i like the idea of the S3000 PROs having a remote with great connectivity and latest features, i also am skeptical about the fact that it doesnt come with a sub. the JBLs on the other hand is more messy setup and would not have connectivity features and remote on/off but would probably offer wonderful low end than the other one.

budget 60k can stretch a little bit based on the value.
usage : movies:music 40:60. predominantly connected to the laptop and would be listening from it. movies would be played via firestick.

please suggest which one would be better. is JBL worth it with all the mess ? or are there other options which are better than these.

Thanks in advance.

hi everyone, i am a beginner audiophile and presently own a pair of edifier 1280t. while i mistook myself as a bass head earlier, i have come to the realisation that i am not in the recent days (ageing may be). while i like those HT setups with 5.1 / 7.1 speakers, my present situation doesn't allow me to have such things. i have decided to go with a 2.0 or a 2.1 setup. i have narrowed down on JBL LSR306 + LSR310 sub (i think i need to spend extra on an interface) or Edifier S3000 PRO. this setup would be to use in the bedroom which is 12X12. i have a PC desk on which i would be placing these and would be watching movies on the PC monitor while lying on the bed. while i like the idea of the S3000 PROs having a remote with great connectivity and latest features, i also am skeptical about the fact that it doesnt come with a sub. the JBLs on the other hand is more messy setup and would not have connectivity features and remote on/off but would probably offer wonderful low end than the other one.

budget 60k can stretch a little bit based on the value.
usage : movies:music 40:60. predominantly connected to the laptop and would be listening from it. movies would be played via firestick.

please suggest which one would be better. is JBL worth it with all the mess ? or are there other options which are better than these.

Thanks in advance.
The edifier 3000 pro is an excellent powered pair of bookshelves that sounds amazing for music. It gives challenge to even pricier bookshelves and uses top of the line technology in a compact package.( Digital crossover/ class D amplification/ neodymium magnets for tweeters) The only con I could say that it doesn't have subwoofer out but the bass created by them is very good. A good alternative could be edifier airpulse A100 which does have a sub out. The airpulse series is the high-end audio series from edifier so even though the driver is smaller than the s3000 it's as good and even better in terms of sound reproduction and technology used. (Airpulse digital crossover is the best I have seen in book shelves and the music sounds very lively). Both are good options and around 5k more for airpulse. So I would suggest it's up to you in what you need. If you get airpulse a100 you can add a very good sub later, whereas you can't add a sub in s3000. Since you are a PC user, you can add a decent sound card like sound blaster ae7 if you don't have a discrete sound card... If you are investing in a good set of speakers ,the onboard sound card doesn't do justice.

Last edited:
Hi, reviving an old thread as i am staring at the same path.

How much of a mess is the wiring? Computer output split to 310, and 310 outputs to the 305s L and R, right?

Also, curious - did OP go through with the plan?

Regards

Wharfedale Linton Heritage Speakers in Walnut finish at a Special Offer Price. BUY now before the price increase.
Back