jbl

balakrishna

sir,
i would like some feedback on jbl studio L 890 floorstanding loudspeakers,in particular whether the bass is tight and fast and the sound neutral. i would also like a similer feedback on proac studio 140.

sir,
i would like some feedback on jbl studio L 890 floorstanding loudspeakers,in particular whether the bass is tight and fast and the sound neutral. i would also like a similer feedback on proac studio 140.

The Proacs and Jbls are two different animals.
I have heard the studio 140's a number of times and would say it is a very refined / full range sounding loudspeaker.Musically very involving and a bit on the warm side of neutral. Very old school british sound. Nice speaker.
The Jbls I have heard are all about the typical "big-american" sound. It creates a wall of sound. Not very refined but can sound quite exciting with Rock and metal. I would stay clear of them unless you are a head banger:D

sir,
Hi Bala,

you need to steer clear of the JBL's. they are the "perfect loudspeakers"!, IN THE SENSE THAT they do not disappear when music is played, music is loud, not very coherent (in part because they are usually three way) and the sound seems like it is coming from a "coffin box"

I know i sound harsh and critical re JBL's, but like square wave says, they are best used for non-critical listening

i owned the jbl l890's and was pretty happy with it. powerful speakers, tight bass, clear mids, highs tend to be a little over the top. then i heard the monitor audio rs6. was slightly better in every department. and a whole lot more musical. eventually sold the l890's and bought the rs6.

any particular reason why you want the l890's. they're pretty expensive in india. with the same budget you can get the monitor audios

thanks. i will rule out j b l and consider proac as i listen only to music(no movies) in two channel stereo using dedicated cd player, two channal stereo pre amp and two channel stereo power amp(no subwoofer). i listen mostly to western classical and rock.
i would like some feed back on epos m 22i floorstanding loudspeakers.

Join WhatsApp group to get HiFiMART.com Offers & Deals delivered to your smartphone!
Back